• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temps of over 200 celcius, is that right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

undyingvisage58

Just finished putting together my new system. and decided to check out the internal temps. and while running tera rising i noticed CPUID's monitor showing over 200 celcius on my CPU. is that accurate? It's down in the low-mid 40s now.

wtf.bmp

Ok, so even Core Temp was reporting ~180 Celsius. But my system is still going. So I don't know. I replaced the thermal compound and everything seems a bit better. I guess I shouldn't be spreading the compound over the CPU, and let the pressure of the water cooler spread the compound. :X

1. That mobo does not officialy support the 9370, so i think it`s somekind of bios/mobo issue.

2. What kind of cooler are you using?

3. A 9370 on a 4+1 mobo? That is not gonna last long. Please don`t get me wrong but i`m just warning you.

1. That mobo does not officialy support the 9370, so i think it`s somekind of bios/mobo issue.

2. What kind of cooler are you using?

3. A 9370 on a 4+1 mobo? That is not gonna last long. Please don`t get me wrong but i`m just warning you.

+1 MSI has confirmed that board is not suitable for 8 core FX processors. Let alone a 220W one! Lol

I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news, which is why I didn't say anything at first. Undyingvisage58, the point that tungureanu and Blaylock have made are valid. There are a bunch of us on this forum that have been running these Fx chips for a while now. We do a fair bit of testing and overclocking on them. The 8 and 6 series chips are very demanding of the motherboards Vrm section. Your motherboard has a 4+1 Power Phase count in the Vrm section. You may get away with running that Fx 9370 at stock clocks on that board and hopefully it can hold up to the rigors of running that chip. If you do start having issues though, the board is probably going to be the culprit.

If you want to read more about what motherboards that are recommended for these chips, this is a good place to start.

Are you 100% sure that it is reading 200 CELSIUS?
It's possibly fahrenhiet, in this case your temps are probably around 80-85C.

It's also possible that the motherboard sensors are not working correctly.

how much thermal paste are you using? too much will give really bad heat transfer. nothing larger than a pea in the center will suffice. also what is your cooler? can you be certain that its running properly?

It's not running at 200c it would be dead, it's an erroneous reading. Probably due to the Cpu not being supported.

Back