• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps OR Vcore?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hellohappy22

Registered
Hi guys,

I have a simple question that I am sure many of you will know the answer too.

1. Is LLC Safe? and would you suggest it?

What is better of the two below:-

2. Higher temp (50c) LLC enabled = Lower Vcore (1.35v)

3. Higher Vcore (1.43) and LLC on Auto = Lower Temps (47c)

So my question is. Is it better to have slightly HIGHER temps maybe 5c ..... OR ..... Higher slightly higher temps and LOWER VCore.

I need to know which one is BETTER for the life of the CPU?

Please answer away with reasons! Cheers!

What motherboard and CPU? in general with AMD chips though it doesn't really mater as long as your staying under 55C core temp.

My motherboard is Asus M5A97 with the AMD FX-4100

Dose this sound sensible?

4.4Ghz with 1.437 Vcore and temps of 47c?

Cheers

That motherboard should have more than just on and off for LLC right? My 8120 will do 4.4Ghz @ 1.275v + LLC medium which tops off at 1.35v. LLC is definitely good for power consumption because it will keep the chip cooler and pulling less juice at idle than when loaded. If all you have for options are auto and disabled that could make it harder to find a balance.

Ye, mine has Disbale, Auto and Enable.

My only concern was that LLC could cause a Vcore spike that can fry your chip? :S

No it cant do that, the system will crash well before you can do any HW damage. I look at it like this then. If 1.5v is where it tops off after LLC kicks in then that should give you some room to OC further without additional voltage. Otherwise Id say lower the vCore until the system wont post and go one bump higher. That should bring your post LLC vCore in line with the 1.45v that you can manually set it to.

Awseom, thanks a lot for your help buddy! Means a lot to us newbies!

So I should turn LLC to enable? and then take the Vcore as low as possible? (As I dont need to go over 4.4ghz

Cheers

ssjwizard is spot on, llc enable, shoot for the lowest vcore that keeps you stable

Awseom, thanks a lot for your help buddy! Means a lot to us newbies!

So I should turn LLC to enable? and then take the Vcore as low as possible? (As I dont need to go over 4.4ghz

Cheers

Thats what I do once I find my stable OC. If your OC is 99% stable and your voltages are inline you should be able to turn C1E, C6, CnQ all back on which will help alot with power consumption.

Thats what I do once I find my stable OC. If your OC is 99% stable and your voltages are inline you should be able to turn C1E, C6, CnQ all back on which will help alot with power consumption.

AND HEAT...4.5Ghz under load and then just approximately 1500Mhz when doing nothing, reduces the amount of heat drastically and that is how I have my CHV and FX-8120 setup to operate.

Hi Buddy, I found a stable point!, Now I went to turn on the C1E, C6 and CnQ (I don't want me PC always running at 4.6ghz. But only C6 is there.

The only options I now have are C6, AMP master mode an HPC. I think is the latest BIOS any ideas?

Thanks buddy!

Back