• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

th7h7c00 or MrNatural's 39C??????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
flashed it to and no cold boot. I think I will keep this one for now untill I finish my cooling set up, then I will need more votage. still have stock hsf so I can't get to crazzy. One pet peev of mine is that ABIT leaves fan controle out of thiere new bios it was in thier 37 acording to the manual and Mr Natrual incorparated it in his. why not use it if the mobo has the option, it is nice to have a quite sys when it is in stand by. You don't need controle of cpu fan but one case fan would be nice so you could connect a swithed header to this connection and controle all case fans(not for power but for switch only).

I'm running the c01 here, no probs. I mainly flashed to get the cold-boot fix (error code 26) and the improvement with Win XP ACPI error as I use Standby (BIOS set to S3), which shuts the machine down completely and starts up in 5 sec.
I don't need more than 1.7 vcore as my 1.6a is running at 2.1G/default (1.5), haven't gone higher yet, but I'm hopeful it will when I need it.
LJ is right, if Mr N adds his fixes to this BIOs, it will be perfect.

ginfest. How did you get s3 to work It was the first thing I tried when I flashed the new bios because I couldn't get it to work before but I still couldn't get it to work. When I enable s3 it shuts down and I can't wake it up nothing works so I hit the power button and I get a long beep and thats it, no post, so I turn it off including main power and it still wont post so I have to start while holding insert and go into bios and put it back to s1. Am I missing somthing, whats stop grant and pwron suspend I had it set to stop grant. I guess it would be to much for abit to explain thiere bios settings I mean after all they went to the trouble of wrighting them.

I set S3 as you did, Stop Grant, DPMS for the video and Wakeup by USB. I also set it to Wakeup by AnyKey and Power Button to 4 seconds. Not sure why it works, but when I Standby in Win XP, the machine shuts off totally, in the morning I hit the Spacebar and in 5 secs am back at my desktop.
Not sure but I think you have to install Win XP with the setting at S3, I think installing with S1, then trying to set S3 won't work?
don't know what Stop Grant is either, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

MaxQc said:
So I guess Mr Naturals will have to mod those BIOSes to up the voltage !! it's cool that the cold boot issue has been fixed !
Seems to work on my TH7-II. I haven't experienced a cold boot yet. With the Abit 38 bios I always experienced cold boots when overclocking. When I was using Mr Natural's 39c bios it would cold boot maybe 3 out of every 10 boots. I hope he takes the time to tweak this beta as I would like to try his 2/5 divider again.

An interesting thing that I found is that now my VCORE voltage selection now goes to 1.95V--I did the basic pin mod (connecting pins 3 & 4) and the maximum setting used to be 1.85V. I found that I could get a little more fsb with the higher voltage, but the higher temps forced me to back off. Got to 2560MHZ stable with 1.9V actual using the fix option. The bios default remained at 1.7V (with the pin wrap). I believe that without the pin wrap the bios max would be 1.7V.

This bios seems to be very stable, whereas the 39c bios acted a little quirky when I was pushing it. It also seems to recover better from bad overclocks. Only had to use the bios clearing jumper once while testing the extremes of the bios.

well ginfest if you are right that sucks I want to use s3 but I don't want to reinstall everything just to fix it, I will have to do some looking into this but I have a suspition you are right. Thanks for the reply though.

Back