• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The 10 best things about building a gaming PC (Kotaku)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
http://kotaku.com/the-10-best-things-about-building-a-new-gaming-pc-1605434587

Building a gaming PC can be time-consuming and stressful. There are a thousand things that could go wrong, and any one of them could wind up costing hundreds of dollars. And yet we do it anyway. Why? Because building PCs is totally awesome.

Over the last couple of weeks, I've finished building and fine-tuning a new gaming PC. It has been a rewarding, maddening, exciting, terrifying, and ultimately enjoyable experience.

Today, I'm going to list the ten best things about building a new PC. Later this week, I'll list the ten worst. But for today: Happiness! Positivity! Excitement!

Here we go.

:rofl:

True Dat

Funny some of the gaming build threads around here you think the builder has to be suicidal by the end with all the differing approaches. :facepalm:

I'm not sure what to say as there were days when I was building couple of PCs per day ... not one gaming PC per couple of weeks. In couple of weeks you can already look for a parts for next upgrade :p

I love the "metal" TIM application. LOL

The worst part of building a new rig is spending a boat load of money on the absolute best GPU (lets just say a GTX Titan) and within a month it gets trumped by the next best card (say...R9 295x2!). CRAP! "I wonder if I can exchange this......." LOL

Thanks for the Link ED, I forwarded it to the brother of one of my sons friends who has been asking me about building a PC. He should find it useful :thup:

7. The moment when you press the power button and everything works.

I actually think this is worse than when I hit the power button and get nothing, because then I'm using it over the next few days thinking "Something has got to be broken and it's going to show its ugly head when I actually need to use it." :D

The worst part of building a new rig is spending a boat load of money on the absolute best GPU (lets just say a GTX Titan) and within a month it gets trumped by the next best card (say...R9 295x2!). CRAP! "I wonder if I can exchange this......." LOL

^this

I see a downward trend (from Q2 2011) there regardless of what is included... ;)

But yeah, that is what everyone was saying, regardless if the numbers confirm/deny what people regurgitate.

That "article" was terrible. Clearly written by a noob after building his first PC. "Pressing the power button and having everything work!" is like the last step. What a tool. That is not the last step. You assemble core parts on a cardboard box, make sure they post, then continue building. Terrible.

That "article" was terrible. Clearly written by a noob after building his first PC. "Pressing the power button and having everything work!" is like the last step. What a tool. That is not the last step. You assemble core parts on a cardboard box, make sure they post, then continue building. Terrible.

Dude, its Kotaku, it is supposed to be funny.

Back