• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The 2100+ Stepping Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SenorBeef

Ok, I'm about to buy a 2100+, but I can't find any definitive thread on here about steppings and stuff. All I can do is search around and find a little tidbit of info here and there.

So, hopefully, if someone sees it fit, this can get tacked.

What're the best and worst steppings and dates for 2100+ t-bred B's as far as OCing goes?

I've heard that the AIUHB:0247 is the best - is that true?

you are a bad searcher because there are a trillion threads on 2100 stepping. so far 0248 has produced the best all around results but there have been "bad" chips from that week too that can only do around 2300mhz. Pretty much, each tbred is different, some you will get 2150mhz with and some you can get 2450mhz with. the best chip right now to get is a DLT3C 1700+ from Excaliber because they produce much higher yeilds on a consistant basis with less voltage that the AIUHB 2100's do

The JIUHB 0307-0312 T'bred B DLT3C 1700's are doing really well. Much more consistantly than the 2100's are doing

Audioaficionado said:
Is THIS one any good?
With newegg there's no telling what stepping you will get. You can get an AIUHB from GameVe.com for the same price or less with a 90 day warranty. I just got a 1700+ from newegg and they sent a t-bred A wiith AIRGA stepping!:(

Emericana said:
you are a bad searcher because there are a trillion threads on 2100 stepping.

That's my point, there are a ton of threads with little bits of info here and there. I was thinking that since it was such a common question, we could consolidate it into a sticky thread.

MrAngry said:

With newegg there's no telling what stepping you will get. You can get an AIUHB from GameVe.com for the same price or less with a 90 day warranty. I just got a 1700+ from newegg and they sent a t-bred A wiith AIRGA stepping!:(

I'll buy the rest of the hardware from newegg but the processor from a gauranteed stepping/batch supplier like GameVe.com or ExcaliberPC.

This here is the one I got......
I know of a few people who got this one, and there very happy with it.....

EDIT:
Stoopid link heh.
I got the 2100+ that says Rev "B" core

That's the one I have on my wish list but I've heard too many comlaints about them not consistantly sending the best stepping and even sending 'A' cores. There're some threads warning about this.

I'm waiting on replies to a couple of other threads I started where I asked advice on the hardware. Then I'll buy everything this evening and put it together next week :D

This box I'm building won't be an O/C contender on this forum, but more like an E-machine on steroids. I'm building it for my wife but It's also a lefthanded :bday: gift for me too.

I called Newegg to ask about the stepping, before I ordered
they couldn't tell me but he also said,
if it says "B" core, you will get a "B" core, if not
send it back.

I just picked up a new NF7-S w/ 0310 JIUHB XPMW 1700+. My old system had an Epox 8K3A+ and 0307 AIUHB 2100+. I tested the 1700+ first and could only get 2200Mhz stable with it. I decided to try out the 2100+ and it runs at 2300Mhz stable. Haven't played with it any higher just yet.

I guess it is just luck of the draw. I already sold the 1700+ and decided to keep the 2100+ ;)

It is nice to have a chip that has a higher PR rating than both AMD's and Intel's flagships at a fraction of the price :D

The Wicker Man said:
I called Newegg to ask about the stepping, before I ordered
they couldn't tell me but he also said,
if it says "B" core, you will get a "B" core, if not
send it back.

What I'm hearing is that not all Tbred-Bs are equal either. Newegg can't/won't gaurentee the exact stepping or date code but just the core version. It's a crapshoot no matter where you get 'em, but at least you have a better chance if you specify one that lots of people are having good results with.

Since I'm doing a mild O/C, I think the 2100 would be best for me as I'c get the highest clock cycles with it under the limitations of the MSI mobo I'm getting. If I had the best O/C mobo, the 1700 looks like the best route.

Next fall when I can put my hi-end dullie together, maybe the Bartons will be down to $150 and better overclockers. Otherwise I'll grab a couple of those 1700Bs if they can still be aquired.

We'll see if AMD is still around when or after they get their 64bit post slot A desktop processor w/dual chipset mobos out. I already have some 64bit apps I'd like to try out in their native 64bit code.

Back