• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like NMM is a good way to manage all these mods. Is it sort of equivalent to the Bethesda Workshop in function?

I don't know anything about the Bethesda Workshop, I haven't used it or even seen it.

The NMM is pretty simple. To the left you have a puzzle "+" button to add mods to the list that you've downloaded from Skyrim Nexus. Then, once the mod is added to the list you click on it and the grayed out puzzle "->" button becomes available allowing you to enable the mod. Once installed, the puzzle "<-" button becomes available so you can disable the mod. The "X" button deletes the highlighted mod from NMM.

The NMM also checks for new versions of the mods autmatically when you open it, as you can see the yellow triangles in my screenshot. You can click on the blue version number links to go directly to that mod's page on Skyrim Nexus for download.

PROBLEM- for days now ES:V won't launch. It says this game is currently unavailable in the little steam popup. What the hell is going on?

i've been having the same issue, tried uninstalling and re-dling it currently i'll post if that fixes it. Doubtful though

Oh that's bs. I'm _ _ that close to being done with PC gaming, and thusly, pc enthusiasm altogether. They're just killing it for me with their nonsense. What the hell does my internet connection to steam have to do with a game that I payed for? That has no multiplayer? This is complete bull .

Thankfully my copy is not steam. Steam has screwed me for the last time. I feel for you ocnoob...

Thankfully my copy is not steam. Steam has screwed me for the last time. I feel for you ocnoob...

Since I'm a newb when it comes to Steam, could you please clarify as to how I'd get screwed with Steam? I'll go retail copy instead for my next purchase if there's a good reason to.

I'm not sure it was a direct fix to the problem. After re installing it on steam I'm able to play again

Since I'm a newb when it comes to Steam, could you please clarify as to how I'd get screwed with Steam? I'll go retail copy instead for my next purchase if there's a good reason to.

I am a disgruntled steam user. There have been several times where I could not play my purchased games due to steam servers being down (most likely only in my region) my most recent purchase of Rage $64, which I have never been able to play due to whatever reason, Steam nor Id customer support has helped, I just got the run around everytime. Steam only allows one refund for each steam user, I actually applied for that one-time refund and was ignored. So thats what I mean about being screwed by Steam.

I might, might mind you, use Steam to buy Half Life 3 if it ever comes out, but probably not.

Ya, steam is killing PC gaming with it's garbage quality and DRM.

However devs are too thick to realize using steam basically makes pirates superior to legit.

Ya, steam is killing PC gaming with it's garbage quality and DRM.

However devs are too thick to realize using steam basically makes pirates superior to legit.

Maybe they're not thick at all and they want you on a console for reasons too pyramid schemey and complex for us to understand.

Maybe they're not thick at all and they want you on a console for reasons too pyramid schemey and complex for us to understand.

Not too hard to understand...

They want us on one of two systems so they only have to write the game twice for one of two kinds of hardware and be done.

I guess it could get harder to understand the more you get into it, but thats the short of it.

Never had an issue with Steam...always been a solid source of an enterainment vendor.

SOOO back on topic to the thread:

While fighting a Dragon.....I hit it to the point where it doesn't fly anymore, while it was flying....It crashed into the ground and slid....dead. That was coOL, never saw that before. AS I was absorbing it's soul a giant killed me from behind....I guess I got too close and didn't realize it...uughh this game is awesome!

I have it on Steam also, haven't fired it up for a couple of weeks. I have like 5 mods installed also. I will try it and see if it works tonight.

More screens! I've added more texture mods. Got it close to looking photorealistic.

Attachments

• War Bear.jpg
    War Bear.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Creek.jpg
    Creek.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Dragon.jpg
    Dragon.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Dragon Bones.jpg
    Dragon Bones.jpg