• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If it's a separate purchase and that is all then that's awesome but I'm not paying a stupid subscription fee for anything ever again.

If it's a separate purchase and that is all then that's awesome but I'm not paying a stupid subscription fee for anything ever again.
Aye, which makes me wish TES Online was a dedicated server game instead of MMO... since I doubt Bethesda would make it like GW.

Bethesda is such a notoriously buggy dev though, I doubt they could even make the game playable online.

Easiest dragon kill ever. There were 11 guards and 2 horses helping out.

429560_261277473956659_100002232245622_599008_1044009817_n.jpg

Skyrim, dawn.

screenshot86686.jpg

Last edited:
Getting a GTX680 in the mail today which means... MORE VRAM!! CAN'T wait to mod up. :)

Heres a pic from last night, its the sky during the main dragon questline, some other world:

2012-03-25_00003.jpg

Also, a small tweak to make Skyrim look better.

In SkyrimPrefs.ini, set:

fTreeLoadDistance=300000.0000

Also, check this out.

Last edited:

In SkyrimPrefs.ini, set:

Also, check this out.

Have you tryed the enthusiast nod that you linked to yet? I am very curious about it. From readign the notes on it, all you have to do is extract it to your skyrim install folder?

In SkyrimPrefs.ini, set:

Done, looks cool. I need to find a bunch of mods to fill up this vram.

I was a bit surprised following nvidia's guide ugrids7, and 4096 shadow quality brought my frames down to a min of 39!! I mean, its a GTX680, but perhaps its more game engine limited than hardware. IDK. If anyone has any favorite environment mods or 680 questions let me know. I did try the adaptive vsync, which since I hover around 50-60+fps is not bad, better than the spikes I used to get.

How do I make changes to my SkyrimPrefs.ini file? When I go into edit and try to replace the ini line value, it won't let me save it. Do I slect "save as" and replace the whole ini file with the newly edited version? is that how i do it?

How do I make changes to my SkyrimPrefs.ini file? When I go into edit and try to replace the ini line value, it won't let me save it. Do I slect "save as" and replace the whole ini file with the newly edited version? is that how i do it?

You have to change it from read only (at least I had to). :)

And as for the enthusiast mod, I manually edited the ini files.

Done, looks cool. I need to find a bunch of mods to fill up this vram.

I was a bit surprised following guide ugrids7, and 4096 shadow quality brought my frames down to a min of 39!! I mean, its a GTX680, but perhaps its more game engine limited than hardware. IDK. If anyone has any favorite environment mods or 680 questions let me know. I did try the adaptive vsync, which since I hover around 50-60+fps is not bad, better than the spikes I used to get.

It doesn't take much tweaking to make any gaming pc lag with Skyrim. :p BUT MY GOD IS IT BEAUTIFUL. Plus, you'll have to wait for the drivers to mature.

Last edited:
That helped. I had to go into advanced>security>and make some changes to allow full controll and editing rights. Now I can change anything I want.

Back