• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Pretty sure it's because the development started well before dx10 was out...but i could be wrong. Plus, I don't think the Xbox 360's OR PS3's GPUs support dx10 or higher.

Pretty sure it's because the development started well before dx10 was out...but i could be wrong. Plus, I don't think the Xbox 360's OR PS3's GPUs support dx10 or higher.

I would think the development would have started by 2006
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX

but then again, it is the same engine as Oblivion (just modified) which also came out in 2006.

More so they didn't want to spend time upgrading the engine for a game that will be a bigger console seller.

Which, as you stated, don't support DX10.

Just got back into this game.
My install was a complete wasteland of failed mod combinations and such since before the game had official mod support still had the 4gb patch floating around even lol
Finally reinstalled (had to since it was crashing)
got the mods a lot cleaner now and its fun again.
Rolled a hunter/alchemist this run, feel like a total badass shooting hawks out of the sky at range :D
2012060300004m.jpg

2012061700002.jpg

2012061800001u.jpg

2012102700003.jpg

2012102700004.jpg

Last edited:
I've been interested in how you guys like to play. I'd enjoy hearing about your playstyles. :popcorn:

I've done a sneak/archer (too easy), sword and shield, battlemage (heavy on the conjuration), and now 2 hander with heavy armor. For some reason, I can't put down the dang bow. It just makes sense until the enemy gets in your face then I like to smash 'em! I'd love to do a pure destruction oriented mage, but I found out real quick that magic damage sucks at higher levels. I may develop my own mod to resolve this.

I find it strange that when starting a new game I get crushed constantly even using heavy armor and big weapons. :bang head I can't afford new gear or pots to keep me in the game. One hit kills are the norm. When I'm able to find and/or smith some good gear, it almost becomes too easy. I'm playing legit without taking advantage of loopholes (alchemy/enchanting/smithing).

I do take a strange pleasure in taking out an entire camp of enemies without being detected using only a dagger. :sly: Nothing says "pwned" more than that. Unfortunately, it doesn't work too well against dragons. :-/

So, how do you like to play?

I've been interested in how you guys like to play. I'd enjoy hearing about your playstyles. :popcorn:

I've done a sneak/archer (too easy), sword and shield, battlemage (heavy on the conjuration), and now 2 hander with heavy armor. For some reason, I can't put down the dang bow. It just makes sense until the enemy gets in your face then I like to smash 'em! I'd love to do a pure destruction oriented mage, but I found out real quick that magic damage sucks at higher levels. I may develop my own mod to resolve this.

I find it strange that when starting a new game I get crushed constantly even using heavy armor and big weapons. :bang head I can't afford new gear or pots to keep me in the game. One hit kills are the norm. When I'm able to find and/or smith some good gear, it almost becomes too easy. I'm playing legit without taking advantage of loopholes (alchemy/enchanting/smithing).

I do take a strange pleasure in taking out an entire camp of enemies without being detected using only a dagger. :sly: Nothing says "pwned" more than that. Unfortunately, it doesn't work too well against dragons. :-/

Well, normally I like mostly magic and stealth. But the ui is so terrible in Skyrim for switching between spells Ive had to switch up. Enjoying a hunter style class now.

Stealth is always a part of things for me though kind of no matter what game I play. Did the same thing in Deus Ex, guess I like being efficient :p

Btw Mehrunes dagger works great on dragons. Just get slashy behind them when they land until that instakill kicks in. Take down blood dragons no prob

I just grabbed the DLC and the Moonpath DLC, plus a ton of texture packs, and started a new game. I had a pretty broken game last time, due to some bad mod decisions, so I lost interest. Haven't even beat the original game.

The Nexus Mod Manager is the best thing.

I haven't been playing that much since I sold my other 6950, it makes it pretty choppy, I need to turn down the view and detail distance, but on the other hand very soon I'll be rockin a 7950 and then 2560x1440, so I probably just start over

but this time just finish for once, without all the side questing. Never finished it yet

How can anyone early in the game or even mid-level kill a dragon without a bow or some other ranged magic?

For one thing in towns they just land on houses until near death, and even out in the open, I don't dare approach 1 on the ground with melee weapons unless I have a ton of potions and some fire/frost enchanted gear for defense/offense, or a powerful atronach to take the damage, until really higher levels when they are easy

I've never finished a game yet but I've played as a few styles like battle mage, archer mage, theif mage, 2 hander, dual weilder

I haven't played in a week for sure, must go play my orc 2 hander/one hander warrior

Hi Folks!

Want to try to get the very best visuals possible. What mods are you using these days? I'm using uGridsToLoad=11, uExterior Cell Buffer=144 (no other ini tweaks) and the following mods:

3D Vision Complete Compatibility
Unofficial Skyrim patch
HD Furniture and Barrels
High Quality Eyes
Improved Rock and Mountain textures
Lush Grass
Lush Trees
No More Blocky Faces
Realistic Smoke and Embers
Realistic Ragdolls and Force
Skyrim HD 2K Textures
STEP
Terrain Bump

Really appreciate any input on mods and/or other ini tweaks.

Thanks!

Just started playing again after getting bored with it a couple months ago. I had played the same character for dozens of hours and was just doing side quest after side quest (without accomplishing much toward the main quest). Filled my journal up and got overwhelmed with options and stopped playing.

Now I completely deleted the game and reinstalled, along with fresh texture packs. Immersive armor and weapons mod as well (which is neat). No other game-changing mods. No DLC.

I'm having a BLAST again on a new character. Halfway through the civil war and on act 2 of main quest. The game really holds my attention a lot more if I ignore some of the (very tempting) side quests.

My game has started crashing when I get near city guards and city gates at random points, I think it is crashing when a dragon is approaching.

It never happened until I completed the civil war as a Stormcloak.

Anybody know how to fix this ?

[ (000DC550)].lvlpredatorscript.Enable() - "<native>" Line ?
[ (000DC550)].lvlpredatorscript.OnCellLoad() - "LvlPredatorScript.psc" Line 26
[11/22/2012 - 03:24:22PM] error: (000DC551): cannot enable an object with an enable state parent.
stack:
[ (000DC551)].lvlpredatorscript.Enable() - "<native>" Line ?
[ (000DC551)].lvlpredatorscript.OnCellLoad() - "LvlPredatorScript.psc" Line 26
[11/22/2012 - 03:24:49PM] error: (00085CCB): cannot enable an object with an enable state parent.
stack:
[ (00085CCB)].lvlpredatorscript.Enable() - "<native>" Line ?
[ (00085CCB)].lvlpredatorscript.OnCellLoad() - "LvlPredatorScript.psc" Line 26
[11/22/2012 - 03:24:49PM] error: (00085CCC): cannot disable an object with an enable state parent.
stack:
[ (00085CCC)].lvlpredatorscript.Disable() - "<native>" Line ?
[ (00085CCC)].lvlpredatorscript.OnCellLoad() - "LvlPredatorScript.psc" Line 24
[11/22/2012 - 03:24:50PM]
[dragonactorscript < (00061067)>]OnLocationChange() calling WI.RegisterDragonAttack(None)
[11/22/2012 - 03:24:50PM] error: Cannot call HasKeyword() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[WI (00035D64)].wifunctionsscript.RegisterDragonAttack() - "WIFunctionsScript.psc" Line 476
[ (00061067)].dragonactorscript.OnLocationChange() - "dragonActorSCRIPT.psc" Line 105
[11/22/2012 - 03:24:50PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp32"
stack:
[WI (00035D64)].wifunctionsscript.RegisterDragonAttack() - "WIFunctionsScript.psc" Line 476
[ (00061067)].dragonactorscript.OnLocationChange() - "dragonActorSCRIPT.psc" Line 105

Funny you say its impossible to give DX11 Support...EVE online was developed in...a LONG time ago, and they are adding DX11 options...soon to be fully integrating it into the game. as of right now, it IS pure laziness from the devs.

Back