• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Did anyone else here go through the Golden Claw quest?

I finished it by going through the dungeon and when I teleported back to Riverwood everyone there started to attack me so I can't turn in the quest. Any idea why this is happening?

I finished it by going through the dungeon and when I teleported back to Riverwood everyone there started to attack me so I can't turn in the quest. Any idea why this is happening?

So far, ive been very satisfied with the game! Its great! Call me an Elder Scrolls fanboi, i dont give a rats @$$, its great! I just finished the Golden claw quest and hope i dont get the same crap you get Red Dragon! Good Luck!:bday:

Really wish I had a Nvidia card right now...my mouse moves slow and ****ing smoothed out and my brothers 580 runs with no mouse lag at all.

Also quite baffling how I am default 'detected' to Ultra High settings and get 4fps with said settings.

Hmm, I ran all the way back to the town and didn't have any troubles. May want to try auto-loading the auto-save from when you leave the dungeon/cave?

@Gortexx, have you played with the mouse sensitivity? I noticed a lot of slow movement with my 580s but I bumped it up to be about 1/5th of the way maxed out and it seems about right now.

This is pretty funny...

So I checked around forums and it turns out that I killed a chicken (was trying out my destruction spell) inside the Riverwood that belonged to one of the citizens. So when I came back to turn in the quest he started chasing me and other citizens enraged against me for some reason.

What I did is pay the bounty in the next town and they stopped hunting me down.

Long story short, don't kill chickens :D

P.S.

This game is freaking awesome and it runs flawlessly on my system.

This is pretty funny...

So I checked around forums and it turns out that I killed a chicken (was trying out my destruction spell) inside the Riverwood that belonged to one of the citizens. So when I came back to turn in the quest he started chasing me and other citizens enraged against me for some reason.

P.S.

lol, i had similar stuff happen to me in Fallout where I killed a cow and the whole town turned against me...They were subsequently wiped out.

@Kohta, my single 580s set in single and SLI were both pushing over 60-70fps (single) and over 100fps (SLI) with everything maxed out. I toned down a tiny bit of the draw distance (no reason for it) but with AA/AF all the way up etc. Now that I have v-sync on it never dips below 59 from what I've seen.

I will have to play with the settings a bit, something is killing the frames and it's most likely something in the draw distances, going to keep AA at 4x and see if i can lower each one 1 point by 1 point until 60 fps in obtainable solid, after some more playing it's actually gotten better, or i'm just not caring as much lol

Like i said earlier when it dips to 30fps it's not real jump like alot of other games it's about as smooth as a DVD movie.

This is pretty funny...

P.S.

bro the same thing happened to me lol!

Its wierd I feel like I want to go "home" to cyrodiil.

Im getting 30-60FPS depending on whats going on. Game seems to be very CPU bound because my GPU is not heating up at all.

OK I now detected to ultra settings and am getting 60 fps...wtf weird. I switched CCC to 'use application settings' for tesselation.

This is pretty funny...

P.S.

lol, check out my post on the last page. I had to do the exact same thing (killed a chicken and everyone tried to kill me) fortunately I quicksaved a little before that and was able to load after realizing what I had done.

Was strange, I was detected at "High."

I knew that was wrong, so I put everything to Ultra, maxed every single setting possible.

Getting 60FPS everywhere, my GPUs are at about 27C and CPU never goes higher than 41. I keep it cold in my apartment :)

This game just looks beautiful and so far it has been super fun.

REALLY regretting buying MW3.

I've heard the game has infinite quests so it's impossible to do all of them....I take forever to leave towns...trying to collect quests and finish all the dialogue!! I'm burying myself :S

lol, check out my post on the last page. I had to do the exact same thing (killed a chicken and everyone tried to kill me) fortunately I quicksaved a little before that and was able to load after realizing what I had done.

I came back to the Riverwood like couple of hours later and the chickens dead body was still there.

Damn chicken made me spend like 3 hours of research, lol

Back