• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, I'm right around 10 hours and am loving it. At first I was a little disappointed that it felt alot like Oblivion, but after playing for a while that has passed. I'm loving the dual wielding, the favorites menu and believe it or not... the interface. It's quick to navigate with WASD and while the look of it could be improved, the functionality is there.

The combat is much better IMO than oblivion and while I didn't like the idea of changing the skills and leveling system at first, I really like it now and think it works well.

I'm running @5040x1050 on ultra with no/aa and 8x aniso. It doesn't run smooth 100% of the time, but nothing horrible. Loving the game!

Well, I'm right around 10 hours and am loving it. At first I was a little disappointed that it felt alot like Oblivion, but after playing for a while that has passed. I'm loving the dual wielding, the favorites menu and believe it or not... the interface. It's quick to navigate with WASD and while the look of it could be improved, the functionality is there.

The combat is much better IMO than oblivion and while I didn't like the idea of changing the skills and leveling system at first, I really like it now and think it works well.

I'm running @5040x1050 on ultra with no/aa and 8x aniso. It doesn't run smooth 100% of the time, but nothing horrible. Loving the game!

Are you still using WASD to navigate the menus? Mine is working just fine now with my mouse.

The favorites menu and the dual wielding are both excellent, completely agreed.

Are you still using WASD to navigate the menus? Mine is working just fine now with my mouse.

The favorites menu and the dual wielding are both excellent, completely agreed.

Yeah, still using WASD. Although I don't JUST use WASD. Sometimes it's a combination of WASD and the mouse. But using just the keyboard seems alot quicker for me.

Also I forgot to mention: If anybody is using Eyefinity or Nvidia Surround, you'll notice right away that while the FOV in-game is fine, the menu's are all screwed up. There's a fix posted on widescreengamingforum here. It isn't perfect, but it makes it much more playable. The game runs and looks great on 3 monitors!

Oh, a quick tip for you guys, was searching around and found that if you have a pot or bucket on your head citizens won't report/notice you doing any crimes, so I assume you can steal freely.

^^ lol, this game just gets better and better. I would love to play it but I have way to many games in my backlog to even care. Will definitely pick it up during one of steam's awesome sales.

Oh, a quick tip for you guys, was searching around and found that if you have a pot or bucket on your head citizens won't report/notice you doing any crimes, so I assume you can steal freely.

Thanks, going to try that, never can have enough stuff poached from the peasants :)

Strangely enough, if you look around in the various shops random things will just say 'take' instead of steal. I would just take it and then sell it right back to the shop keeper, easy money, lol.

Also, I honestly can't find a real purpose for a horse as you can't attack from it (at least not at the moment, I don't know if it is an archery skill or something to earn later) and it really isn't very fast, I feel that I run at about the same speed.

Strangely enough, if you look around in the various shops random things will just say 'take' instead of steal. I would just take it and then sell it right back to the shop keeper, easy money, lol.

Also, I honestly can't find a real purpose for a horse as you can't attack from it (at least not at the moment, I don't know if it is an archery skill or something to earn later) and it really isn't very fast, I feel that I run at about the same speed.

you can have the horse sprint for quite some time

Anyone with a 1090T, what kind of frame rates are you getting? Mine are kind of low, with everything at max with no AA, 1080P outside I only get like 25-35fps, my buddy with the same card is getting 60 constant. Wondering if my 1090 might be a bottle neck.

wow its worth the bucks.... are you doing the side quests now?

There is just so much to do. You can join the Imperial army or Stormcloaks,Dark Brotherhood,Mages guild,Fighters Guild. I just joined the Empire and there's a bunch of quests for that.

Back