• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The final question about the 800D, carpet issue?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In my opinion, Unless you are going to mod the front with a case fan, or if you do plan on watercooling... I wouldnt recommend this case for aircooling without modification. I have one im using right now. It is up on my desk, so I have clean airbflow. But I know that if I have a case like the Lian Li p80 or the antec 1200, where there are 3 fans drawing in air from the front this i wouldnt worry about water cooling. I am running a evga sli board with cooler master /xigmatek fans and a xigmatek dark knight cpu cooler. idle its at around 30-35 C and at full load like 55-65+ depending on the game im playing. I am watercooling this case because, in all honesty... It was definatly ment to be watercooled. I would either go with a 1200 or a 932. But yeh, thats just my 2 cents haha.

To the question of the carpet, I'm going to add one more variable that you may have already addressed. The density of the padding. As a carpet installed several years back, I know that there are different grades of padding from *really* soft to a hard 20lb pad. The really cheap soft stuff will sink nearly to the floor under any weight. So if you have the four feet hitting the carpet and sinking on the pad, that raises the height of the carpet towards the fan opening that you are asking about.

It's fairly high quality and the height measurement was when I pushed the ruler into the carpet as hard as I could (it's wooden so it didn't bend) so the compression from the feet should be less. As far as I can see it I have about 2cm gap+ for air to get in through. Hopefully this will be enough. When I get the case then I'll know for sure =P But like I said that could be a while.

Very simple. No computer should sit on carpet. Take a board and have it stained, painted or what ever to match the furniture or what ever you like. No carpet.

Back