• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

THE G80 3DMARK 06 SCORES!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
intresting.... i wonder if they will cut down on heating bills during the winter :beer:

thoes are some crazy scores.... i may MAY just have to do a step up.... my step up period ends at the end of november.

good luck with steping up. When they first come out price gouging will most likely occur as supply will not be high enough. If eVGA was stupid enough to allow people to step up when they first come out they would lose a lot of money. eVGA has not allowed people to step up to the wonderfull card that is the 7900gto why would they allow you to step up to a g80 right away? I seriously hope that they allow people to step up but I certainly would not be surprised if they didnt until supply is stable.

BossBorot said:
good luck with steping up. When they first come out price gouging will most likely occur as supply will not be high enough. If eVGA was stupid enough to allow people to step up when they first come out they would lose a lot of money. eVGA has not allowed people to step up to the wonderfull card that is the 7900gto why would they allow you to step up to a g80 right away? I seriously hope that they allow people to step up but I certainly would not be surprised if they didnt until supply is stable.

this is because the 7900gto is labeled as a "Limited" card thus is not applicable to the step up program.... a regular 8800gts / 8800gtx is well a normal card and will most likely be on the step up...

and also what is the Core 2 Extreem QX6700 ???? never heard of that

nd4spdbh2 said:
this is because the 7900gto is labeled as a "Limited" card thus is not applicable to the step up program.... a regular 8800gts / 8800gtx is well a normal card and will most likely be on the step up...

and also what is the Core 2 Extreem QX6700 ???? never heard of that

Q for Quad. It's a Kentsfield, as makaka mentioned at the beginning of the thread.

uh, wowowow, thats like......over twice the score I get, im so happy im waiting for these new cards & not buying one now....cant waait!! :santa: :santa: :santa:

10k 3d mark 2006 using x6800 everythink at stock .using single card.this card will be pretty fast

I simply don't trust that article. What is the source? This quote makes me think they got the numbers from the Inquirer: "which published associates from site the inquirer". But, really, don't you think we would have seen these numbers elsewhere? How were the tests conducted? Just tossing the numbers out there means nothing. Sounds like these numbers came straight from NVidia.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we see numbers in those ranges from the G80. I'm just not willing to base any comparison on the numbers we see here.

Looks dodgy to me. A one page write-up without any actual screenshots of the score?
It looks like these guys did not do any actual testing but are relying on second hand word of mouth information.

Hardly credible if you ask me. :shrug:

aaronjb said:
I simply don't trust that article. What is the source? This quote makes me think they got the numbers from the Inquirer: "which published associates from site the inquirer". But, really, don't you think we would have seen these numbers elsewhere? How were the tests conducted? Just tossing the numbers out there means nothing. Sounds like these numbers came straight from NVidia.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we see numbers in those ranges from the G80. I'm just not willing to base any comparison on the numbers we see here.

Super Nade said:
Looks dodgy to me. A one page write-up without any actual screenshots of the score?
It looks like these guys did not do any actual testing but are relying on second hand word of mouth information.

Hardly credible if you ask me. :shrug:

QFT. This could be just some total BS, and it most likley is.

Although I am personally basing my next GFX card purchase on all the information ive got on 8800GTX, including this. Time for the OC master to be on top of nvidia products :beer:

Damn, Im glad Im getting my CPU overclocked to 2.9Ghz to help my GTS perform even better, because they look pretty CPU dependant if those specs are true (wich there most likely not)

By the way Pre orders from eVGA on the GTS started 2 weeks ago, I got mine for 450 bucks, I got an early order special, one of the birst 250 GTS's eVGA had. so iI actually got it cheaper than MSRP. They said it should be at my door on November 18th!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!!!!! :attn:

The quad core might have a higher score just from the CPU test alone ;)

And yea that site is pretty ghetto for lack of a better word, if you look at some of the other 'reviews' they are more like news blurbs on any other site.

Back