• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The "I need something to finish my Rig" Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WarriorII

Moderator #666
Idea,
FOR ACTIVE FOLDING MEMBERS OF T32

Post here:___________ and state if you need just a little something to finish off
your current Folding build,
or repair your MAIN Rig you solely rely on for the majority of your points.

I am hoping, with all the members we have, someone
can say "Hey I can help that guy!" and do so.

"I have an old ______ you can have"

Think of it as an extension of the BAR Program.
Folders helping Folders. :thup:

Either give them the parts needed or work it out via PM.
No Prices here this is not the Classifieds.

Please, be realistic. Don't just post "I need a new rig, mine is old".
You'll get laughed at. I'll laugh at you. :p

If you are actually trying, and "need a little help" SAY SO !

MODS,
If this is a problem, I'm sure we can either move the thread or find another solution.

TIA
WII​

The List -will remove if no longer needed.
1.)marineman - PCI-e card / Larsen, WI,USA Cheese Country Gromit
2)sno.lcn -C2D 6xxx+ cpu / Florida, USA, Sunshine State
3)Shadowman2007 - DDR2 & small hdd / West Palm Beach, FL, USA, SunShine State
4)Arkaine23 -Lappy hdd & XP mobo? / Houston, TX, USA, Big Belt Buckle Sate
5)AmbientFiction - unknown at this time.
6)Johspd - CPU trade 9600be>Q6600g-oh... Atlanta, GA
7.) Godfather1138 - C2D CPU Cooler / Arkansa, USA ****
8.) Jason Kitchens - Mental Stability - LINUX Help. / Georgia, USA Survived !
9.) Th3 F4ll3n P1mp - skt 775 Cooler (not stock) , hdd -USA
10.) Mark620 - Uber Super Power Supply for Antec Case? (special needs- see post #66) - TN, USA
11.) JacknSally - Needs s939 mobo/ 775 mobo has misc 939/478 cpus also - So Cal, USA

12)ben333 - SATA Cables - NH, USA

13.) dark bishop - 600W+ PS

:attn:

Last edited:
I need a GFX card and a PSU to get a 3rd folder operating. Or I could go the other way and say I have an Athlon XP2400+ on a K7T Turbo2 mobo with a geforce 6200 and 1GB of SD-RAM to donate if someone has the rest of the parts needed to finish it off. The GFX card in that unit is the old style whatever it was called and I need the PCI Express card.

PCI or Pci-e? (PCI Express)
If it takes the older AGP, it won't have a PCI-e slot only PCI.

I just want to be clear is all.

The unit I have available with the mobo, CPU, RAM and GFX card has an AGP card in it.

What I need is a PCI-e card so once I get my new mobo and CPU I can get my current rig set up as a dedicated folder.

I need a c2d, e6200, e6400, e6600. It's for an ECS P4800whatever but it's not the one that supports e4300 or anything like that. It's folding SMP with a Pent. D 945 but I want to move that chip to my intel board that doesn't take anything newer than Pent. D. I have everything but the CPU. I may even be able to put an e4300 or such in it with a BIOS update?

*Edit: Actually any dual core that'll crunch SMP would work :)

Last edited:
Check on that BIOS.
maybe a different mobo would suit your needs better?

I'll be having a Celly 325 here shortly. 2.5Ghz
It's a Prescott/Celly 19x133 / 533/ 90nm socket 478.

if that'd work for you?

Athlon XP laptop: missing hard drive (ATA, not SATA)

A64 box: Socket 754 motherboard. Stopped powering up one day. Confirmed it blew its a PSU since a new PSU got it to power up but not POST. Believe the motherboard is dead. Have spare PSUs. Cannot confirm CPU status, no spare boards with this socket type (754).

Athlon MP duallie: Not sure yet. Just stopped powering up one day. Replaced the PSU. Powers up but no POST. Got used replacement motherboard in unknown condition for cost of shipping. The old one I'm pretty sure is dead from blown caps. The replacement board may just be picky on RAM, and I'm going to try rotating sticks from other machines to see if that'll make it POST. Also have to test the CPU's individually in other machines before I know anything for sure. Its either motherboard or CPU(s).

I have a few PCI video cards.
I have at least one NIC.
I pretty sure I have some spare DDR varying from PC2100 to PC3200 in 128, 256, and 512MB size, think one of each.
I have a spare Tbrid 1.33, P3 850, and Duron 900 somewhere.
I think I have a few spare CD drives, small PSU's and beatup cases.
Have spare systems that I don't run due to electricity costs... older Athlon XP generation stuff.

Last edited:
I know this is the " I need..." thread, but.....

I can donate a bunch of 120mm fans ( nothing too special ) and maybe a Zalman 9700.

I also have an old Gexcube Radeon 9200SE 128mb AGP 8x for donation.

I know this isn't the right thread, i'm just trying to help T32. Please don't complain.

Question regarding this program, would it be unreasonable/inappropriate to ask for shipping costs?

Meh...... yes/no.
you can ask if you can not afford it.

I'm sure it would be fine if you were shipping a guy 6 PS's & a brick.
Very heavy = more cost. We are not rich.

sending a stick of ram....

If anyone has a spare USB harddrive case for laptop drives, -OR- a 3.5 to 2.5 IDE adapter, I could use one. That would get a spare 4.3GB laptop drive (if it still works) available for Arkaine, but I have to zero it first because it had sensitive data on it at one time.

I might have a spare 12GB that can be used too. Just need a way to hook them to my rig!

Still pondering whether to go for a new mobo / Q6600. If I do, could anyone use an Asus M2N4-SLI and AMD Athlon X2 64 5600+?

I could make that run 24/7 if 512MB RAM is enough for Ubunto? I have the rest of the gear for it.

I can also offer a Socket 939 XP3500+ that will do 2.6Ghz if anyone need that?

Not that he's "giving it away", but it'd be nice
to offer up some help to get that mobo & Quad for him somehow.

Some horse trading maybe?

Weekend bump.

Adapter should come tomorrow. When it does I'll get a lappy drive squared away and sent out. Arkaine, need address :)

Edit, you're in houston! Duh! What part?

<--- in kingwood

I need a good cooler for a Q6600, but I need to be able to make sure it is here in time for the Chimp Challenge. I thought about grabbing one of the Zalman's that was posted, but I'm not sure I can get rush shipping on that. The stock cooler has something wrong with one of the feet and is not sitting properly thus causing ridiculous load temps. Plus, it would be nice to get a small OC on it for the challenge as well.

Let me know what you've got and I can get PP to you tonight.

Thanks

Back