• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The loading and Scrolling is slow with stutter on some websites in windows 10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wingman99

I was testing the loading and scroll in windows 10 with chrome, Edge, Explore 11, at one web page redbox.com and the loading with scroll is vary slow in windows 10. I've tested many PC,s and there is something wrong with widows 10. Windows 7 loads and scrolls vary smooth and fast at redbox.com, that is scrolling with all browsers.

Memory usage windows 7 1.7 GB

Memory usage windows 10 1.8 GB

With my 850 EVO I have been formatting and doing a clean install with windows 10 and 7

The internet connection is fiber 60MB/s

I have tested all the PCs at the stores that I can with windows 10 and they have the same problems.

Last edited:
My wife uses redbox on her 4+ year old laptop that was recently upgraded to W10 and I did not notice anything (Chrome - but to be truthful I wasn't LOOKING for this issue). I will check tonight on my PC at home and report back...

There are uncountable other websites that stutter and are slow to load compared to windows7 I just used Redbox as a control because it reacted the same way every time.

Ok. In that case, I can tell you that no PC I have used with W10 on it did I notice anything like that. I will still try redbox tonight on my PC and see.

I think that some websites' don't have allot of flash or something and do just fine on windows 10, like old navy and lands' end.

I was just working on a tablet tonight and the scroll is vary fast in windows 8 however it does not have the hover option when looking at the movie picks to read discriptions in redbox.

What had me get into this is upgrading my family to windows 10 and them complain about suffering and page loads they spend allt of there free time shopping.

Last edited:
Ok.. redbox is choppy while scrolling on the laptop. Nothing else we browse was. Redbox is NOT slow on the desktop though.

Was it choppy on the desk top and what version of windows was it? Try clicking on movies at redbox, there is more of a selection. Here is another website that is hard on windows 10 the counter runs smooth wen it first starts on windows 7 world population clock. http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/ Also http://www.msn.com/
It was not choppy on the desktop (though I'm not entirely sure what you mean here).

Windows 10 latest version, fully updated on both machines.

Sky doesn't like redbox apparently...

View attachment 171952
LOL....:rofl:

It was not choppy on the desktop (though I'm not entirely sure what you mean here).

Windows 10 latest version, fully updated on both machines.

What I mean is the top of the redbox page there is a tab called movie click on that, there is more of a selection to scroll down and up fast.

Another website that is hard on windows 10 is world population clock, see if the counter is not smooth when you start the webpage. http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

Try msn.com is hard to scroll down fast and up. http://www.msn.com/

I'm vary picky about web performance I like pages to load vary fast also scroll smooth. like I said I have gone back and forth with windows 7 and 10 with a fresh install of windows 10 with the latest down load build 1151, as it turns out 7 is fast and smooth surfing compared to 10, also tried all the new PC's with windows 10 at sam's best buy

I was just at best buy and tried apple products surfing wow the redbox page loaded so fast and scrolled so fast it bonces up and down when you reach then end of the page. I also tried a i 3 3.7GHz desk top with windows 10 it loaded slow however the rebox page scrolled as fast as my windows 7 a little stutter like my PC with windows 7. I'm going to try windows 10 upgrade this time.

Apple is so smooth and blazing fast on the hard web sites, I just cant believe it so easy to scroll like a smartphone with a mouse or track pad with two fingers.

Well I just upgraded windows 10 and Explore 11 scrolling stutters bad in redbox and Edge runs like my windows 7 and it stutters a little when you scroll fast at redbox.

I if you want to try this link it is vary hard on windows 10 explore 11. http://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/best-netflix-instant-movies/ also this one http://fortune.com/2015/08/26/windows-10-installs/

If you want to try it, go to a store with any Apple products, like best buy and try scrolling on these websites that are vary difficult with windows 10. use two fingers on the Apple track pad to scroll, just Google Netflix movies.

Here is complaints on MS feedback forum 3311 people complaining of freezing and lagging in windows 10 Edge, IE. freeze and lags.jpg

Last edited:
I am testing on both Desktop Windows 10 and Laptop Windows 10 for you.

*Once* all the pictures load it's going ok, but of course before they do, you can't scroll because they are loading and if the system is slower, it takes longer to load.

Now if you are saying that *after* you wait for all the pictures to load that there is a problem? Then I cannot replicate it.
Remember to clear out cache and history if you are restesting so that the test is done fresh from the beginning in each case.

I was testing the loading and scroll in windows 10 with chrome, Edge, Explore 11, at one web page redbox.com and the loading with scroll is vary slow in windows 10. I've tested many PC,s and there is something wrong with widows 10. Windows 7 loads and scrolls vary smooth and fast at redbox.com, that is scrolling with all browsers.

Memory usage windows 7 1.7 GB

Memory usage windows 10 1.8 GB

With my 850 EVO I have been formatting and doing a clean install with windows 10 and 7

The internet connection is fiber 60MB/s

I have tested all the PCs at the stores that I can with windows 10 and they have the same problems.

The loading+stuttering of webpages has been bugging me for sometime, mostly on my laptops. However, I don't think that it is a "Windows Thing" because I just use Linux on my machines. I use Firefox and Chrome, and the loading+stuttering is pretty much the same. Websites just seem to be deploying a lot of 'heavy' code it seems. Sites like Wikipedia load smoothly, retail sites(Newegg, Home Depot, Sears, etc) seem to just choke a browser to death.

Im buttery smooth on those website... even newegg.com sears, home depot (since I saw them mentioned). This is with my desktop. I didn't try the rest on the lappy at this time.

I am testing on both Desktop Windows 10 and Laptop Windows 10 for you.

*Once* all the pictures load it's going ok, but of course before they do, you can't scroll because they are loading and if the system is slower, it takes longer to load.

Now if you are saying that *after* you wait for all the pictures to load that there is a problem? Then I cannot replicate it.
Remember to clear out cache and history if you are restesting so that the test is done fresh from the beginning in each case.

I'm using a 60mb/s fiber my ping 3ms windows 10 crome I have to wait for the page to load so I can scroll I don't like it at all, windows 7 with explore 11 loads so fast I can scroll at the same time it loads.

Disabling javascript greatly reduces the lagging, alot of websites complain that they won't function at their best with javascript disabled. However, for me this is a solution as I find much of the 'services' provided with javascript to be an annoyance, at best.

I rolled back to windows 7 everything is good again.:clap: With 3311 people complaining of freezing and lagging in windows 10 browsers form I'm going to wait till they fix it, they say on the form link there working on it to give a better experience. I'm a heavy surfer and I could not stand over the weekend stuttering freezing and lagging and crashing anymore.

Also on a side note Windows 10 boots so much slower than windows 7 that I rolled back to.

I would go with a Apple product however there so darn expensive just for surfing for me.

Last edited:
Back