• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The massive all-encompassing OCF iPhone thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got the 8gb. My battery sucks too, I haven't really used it much today and it's already down to about 60%.

Sorry, I thought you meant you had an 8gb Edge data plan, not an 8gb Iphone.

Seriously? An 8gb data plan for a PHONE?

8gb data plan seems excesive for a phone if you ask me.. i'm not sure i will be able to use up my gig.. mainly because when i'm at home i use the wi-fi instead of the 3G..

can anyone ID this network?

n1085370182_30081831_4787.jpg

can anyone ID this network?

n1085370182_30081831_4787.jpg

is that an unlocked iphone? if so, it could be anything as you can customize that icon.

sometimes my edge icon will be just the blue box so if it isn't unlocked, it could be edge but the icon just went goofy. it was weird though cause it would only happen in safari for me.

No, the phone is not unlocked. I'd gotten the blue square on my first gen iPhone, and still do sometimes on the new one. This icon is new to my 3G.

Hmm. So would I be correct in saying that when the iPhone cannot get 3G, it'll try for EDGE. When it can't get edge, it uses GPRS?

Side note: I spen almost two hours on the phone with my mother helping her set up her new 3G.Biiiiig technical jump from an old RAZR. I made her watch the ~20 minute 'how-to' video on the website. Definitely helped.

Hmm. So would I be correct in saying that when the iPhone cannot get 3G, it'll try for EDGE. When it can't get edge, it uses GPRS?

Side note: I spen almost two hours on the phone with my mother helping her set up her new 3G.Biiiiig technical jump from an old RAZR. :)

haha yeah that is quite a leap :) like switching from driving a chevy cavalier to a lamborghini diablo :)

and yes i believe that is how the 3g iphone works.

Anyone know who (what service) or when the HTC touch diamond will be out? I want the touch diamond, but I need a phone in...3 days. The iphones not bad for 200 bucks. I've heard the touch in cananda is only 150 with a 3 year contract. Is anyone releasing the touch diamond soon? I might wait a week, but heh that's about all I can do, I need a phone!

Touch Diamond: Renamed 'Victor'. Also it has lost the cool diamond-cut effect on the back. Its just around the corner, but not three days.

Link:

bah that blows, that was an awesome feature of the diamond I thought. It separated it from the rest of the phones out there.

Oh well looks like iphone for me.

I had wanted the diamond myself but decided to get the 3G. I can't believe they removed that cut-look to it.

Back