• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The massive all-encompassing OCF iPhone thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Jailbreak tool is out: Link

And here's why, despite having the AppStore, we still need an iPhone App 'Black Market': Link

Firmware Beta 2.1 seeded, more core gps features!! Also, Cut/Copy/paste!?!?!

Link

Last edited:
Anyone have problems with dropped calls? My service comes in and out real bad. I was in Chicago earlier this week and I didn't get signal in any of the buildings. Here in Dallas I lose signal just while driving down the highway.

Anyone have problems with dropped calls? My service comes in and out real bad. I was in Chicago earlier this week and I didn't get signal in any of the buildings. Here in Dallas I lose signal just while driving down the highway.

That just sounds like AT&T to me. Not a specific iPhone issue. GSM signals don't penetrate buildings well. I had AT&T for ~4 years prior to switching to T-Mobile (both are GSM), and it seems like sometimes the handset will not swap towers when it should and a call dies. The classic symptom is when you're driving down the road, your call breaks up, you look at your handset and see no bars, then the call disconnects and immediately you have full bars.

At least this is my experience. I'm not an expert--just my observations.

That just sounds like AT&T to me. Not a specific iPhone issue. GSM signals don't penetrate buildings well. I had AT&T for ~4 years prior to switching to T-Mobile (both are GSM), and it seems like sometimes the handset will not swap towers when it should and a call dies. The classic symptom is when you're driving down the road, your call breaks up, you look at your handset and see no bars, then the call disconnects and immediately you have full bars.

At least this is my experience. I'm not an expert--just my observations.
yep
my crackberries did the same thing too...at&t service sucks

^ Ahh, thx.

Also, I have poor connection/quality issues with my 3G that I did not have with my 1st gen.

Killer App: Dynolicious!!!!!

00_dynolicious.jpg
06_dynolicious.png

Only $12.99

A bunch of people I know were bitching about the 3g battery life. apparently they never had the 1st gen iPhone.

I wanted to see how long the battery would actually last so I let it run till it powered off. I had Wi-Fi, 3G, Bluetooth and GPS on the entire time. I used it like I do all the time. Calls, texts, safari, pandora and games.

Here is the stats:
IMG_0001.png

The 1st gen iPhone would only give me about 15ish hours doing the same things.

A bunch of people I know were bitching about the 3g battery life. apparently they never had the 1st gen iPhone.

I wanted to see how long the battery would actually last so I let it run till it powered off. I had Wi-Fi, 3G, Bluetooth and GPS on the entire time. I used it like I do all the time. Calls, texts, safari, pandora and games.

Here is the stats:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/Tc3Toad/IMG_0001.png[/ IMG]

The 1st gen iPhone would only give me about 15ish hours doing the same things.[/QUOTE]

i suppose that is what happens when people are using their phones for more than just a phone (apps, web browser, etc...) after all, it is a computer with a phone built in :)

Uhh, yup. Cracked. On both sides of the headphone jack. I wouldn't even have noticed if not for reading the reports.

Subscribed. Embarrassingly I've never listened to the OCFpodcast. :/

Nothing to be embarrassed about, I think the problem is that a lot of members just don't know about it thats all. Once you listen, you'll be hooked!
:)

Most important thing to the Podcast staff is to make the show all about the members...what news and products are important to you guys, so give us feedback when you listen.

Thanks and make sure to enter the contest too.

Matt

Anyone know of an OC program for the iPhone? I recall running some early moto procs a bit faster with a 3rd party util. (think 16mhz)

Back