• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The new socket 1366 revival attempt of 2020!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RJARRRPCGP

I just had 12 GB of triple-channel DDR3 SDRAM ordered! :D I hope just using the 3 slots, will make the errors go away!

Motherboard:

Asus P6T6 WS Revolution

CPU:

I have 2 of them, the Core i7 Extreme 965, which looks like an early one. The Core i7 960, looks like possibly a later revision.

Maybe the 965 IMC is the cause of the errors!

This is the platform where anytime I insert the Radeon RX580, the BIOS starts acting strange! Is it XFX's housing that's shorting the CMOS connection out on the Radeon RX580?!

This is the same issue that made me suspect that the latest video cards that can be used are the following: For AMD, a Radeon R9280X or a Radeon R9290X. For Nvidia, a GeForce GTX 980/Ti. (Maxwell)

Even when someone apparently elsewhere, got a Pascal to work fine, by the sounds of it.

it seems the RX580 prefer a uefi rather than a bios. That may be your issue. This is obviously a guess as I seems to have heard something of the likes

it seems the RX580 prefer a uefi rather than a bios. That may be your issue. This is obviously a guess as I seems to have heard something of the likes

It makes the BIOS go wacko! Then when completely powered off and disconnected from a power source, when the card is inserted, the BIOS acts like I shorted the CMOS pins together!

Where did you hear of such problem? Was it one of my past posts?

I know a guy that bought one and fought with it with an early sandy bridge mobo

I know a guy that bought one and fought with it with an early sandy bridge mobo

So it was the same symptoms, BIOS prompted him to recover the CMOS and reset the time, too?! (And of course, boot order config lost, so it searches for a network drive)

I didnt have any direct contact with the issues, he called and started blathering. I did some searching back then (maybe almost 2 years ago now) and saw some issues with the bios causing issues. I think it is actually the option rom that causes the issues if I remember correct

That RAM, is finally here!

Update at 5 PM: I first tested the rig with the 6 GB of RAM and it POST'ed fine. When in the BIOS setup utility, it doesn't look like the liquid cooler failed, so far.

I swear that before today, the last time it was powered on, was in summer, 2019!

Last edited:
Back