• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The OC Forums Way

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey there. I'm Corey, 19 years old. Built my first pc when i was only 12 modded my first pc at 15. Been hooked ever sence.. just recently built a new machine for myself. Stats are in my sig. I hope to help a lot of people and possibly even find some answeres to my own questions! Glad to find a place with people who share the same passion.

Hey everyone. The names Kility, Josh Kility , Currently 15 and living in the great ol' United Kingdom.

Cant remember when i got my first pc but it was a few years ago. Since then i've been getting more involved in PC's and in the past few years i've been building my own pc , upgrading and reinstalling etc. Got my last PC at christmas where I had some issues with the processor and found out that the pins were the wrong type for the board, It was a X2 and not a X3. I currently have 2 PC's , 1 at my main house and 1 at my mums bf house.

Im also interested in Aviation, Im currently addicted to Microsoft Flight Simulator X and am currently in a Virtual Airline to ;) In the next few weeks i will be joining the RAF Cadets and hopfully taking off and joining the skys! and at the end of the course hopfully getting a free pilots license which'll let me fly the skys with freedom (not quite, i still gotta contact ATC For clearence;)) My future job would be to be a pilot for an airline ;)

Later on this month im doing work experiance and will be doing that at the Police HQ in portishead at the IT Dept. Im currently doing GCSE ICT at school along with a BTEC IT Practioner course.So i thought i'd come here learn some new things and also share my knowledge

Hello Everyone

Hey all, Just wanted to formally introduce myself. Great forum you have going on here btw. I primarily joined the forum to try a stab at the Socket 775 SuperPi competition. Right now I'm just waiting for EK to release a full board block for my Rampage 3 Extreme so I can close up the case for another few months... or at least till I add the XFX 5970 Black Edition (or 2) :attn:

Last edited:
Welcome to OCF Thrillz! Glad you participated in the competition. If you're interested in joining our benchmarking team, we'd love to have you. Head over here and check out this thread. It's easy to join and a great way to push your hardware to the limits!

Welcome to you too moonpeach!

:welcome:

Hi OC Crew

Puttin out my Hi to everyone here. I'm Diving head first into my first build. I have to add thanx to alot of your help already. I have read a bunch on here and finally joined as I may be asking for alot of help :). But I hope not too much. Thanx again for all the articles and insite you have already provided.

Hey everyone what's upp? I go by Savvy (aka MrSavvy aka SavvySwagga) on the interwebs and gaming ;) I'll be 21 this week and I'm currently attending a local Tech School for Media Comm Assoc. (Graphic design and web dev). I took networking for a year and got a couple certs, including my A+.

I built my first legit PC about 3 years ago. Q6600 OC'd to a stable 3Ghz (I made 3.6Ghz but it wasn't stable on air cooling), Tuniq Tower 120 cpu heatsink/fan, factory overclocked 9600gt, 4gb OCZ Reaper, and other goodies. I overclocked the RAM from 800mhz to 1000mhz as well, if I remember right. 3Ghz wasn't bad for a $100 Gigabyte board. :p

Anyway, I'll be building a new gaming rig in another couple months. These are nice forums. I've been reading around for a couple of days now reading up on water cooling. I'm going to WC my new rig, mod the case, and some other stuff.

Anyway, I'll start a thread whenever I get close to starting my project. :thup:

Thanks for have'n me. Talk to you guys around the forums.

-Savvy

just sayin hey

howdy folks, just wanted to introduce myself. im 37 recently disabled and looking for a new hobby.so far ive found all kinds of usefull stuff here and will be startin my first real build soon. startin inexpensive to see how it all works out. wish me luck and many thanks to those who have posted so much info here

Hey Everybody!
I'm Kevin, from Toronto. I have been putting together my own computers for a lot of years, but have never done anything other than let everything run how it came out of the box. Trying to get a little more out of gaming led me to a great guide on the forums here and helped me get an oc that I am SUPER happy with for my first try. I think I've made a mistake in doing that now, though...it's addictive. There should be a disclaimer in the guide to let people know that. :) I think I'll even look into the benchmarking that a few of you have been talking about.
From what I've seen, there is a really great community here and I've already had a couple of questions answered very quickly. I'm glad I stumbled across you all.
Talk soon,
Kef...

Hello,

I'm gl1tch.. I love gaming, trucks, computer mods, overclocking and walks on the beach

Hello everyone. I signed up thinking there is a For Sale thread here but I can't find it. Is there one??

Nope! The link explains the rules in full detail. The rules are designed to be exclusive, so that those who do get access are at lower risk of having a bad experience. Ripoffs are rare, and we pursue scammers aggressively - using your ISP email address is our ticket to your front door if needed. :) Not that you are a scammer, but thats what we do for everyone who trades to help our members avoid getting ripped off. :)

Nope! The link explains the rules in full detail. The rules are designed to be exclusive, so that those who do get access are at lower risk of having a bad experience. Ripoffs are rare, and we pursue scammers aggressively - using your ISP email address is our ticket to your front door if needed. :) Not that you are a scammer, but thats what we do for everyone who trades to help our members avoid getting ripped off. :)

Yes I do not want a bad experience, never fun being ripped off. So I like the strictness. Thanks again :)

Hello All,

As far as hardware experience goes I have been building HV coils, and experimenting with Tesla's work for the last five years. I am a Georgia Tec Engineer, a professional programmer, and a natural born tinker (robots,science fairs, etc). Hi yall!

It is only about a year ago that I became interested in PC hardware. I have been C/C++ programming for over twenty years. Now I am determined to build the best machine for sofware development. I am using RAM speed, CPU speed, and disk bandwidth, as my variables. By far CPU speed is making the biggest difference with my compiler. I have a couple of Q9400's and a few dual core 8600's that are suppose to be unlocked vendor samples. I don't seem to be able to set the multipliers any higher than the specified max. Overall througput using quads and the duals on either motherboard seem about equal. I am using ASUS P5ND and one of these new Gigabyte UD motherboards for comparison. I am working with 8Gb Corsair Ballistic 800Mhz 4,4,4,12, and OCZ 1033Mhz, 5,5,5,14 DDR2. With air cooling, I seem to have hit the wall at 3.2Ghz core speed. 8.0 X 11 @ 400Mhz (more or less on either board with either RAM).

Please can anyone advise me, or give me some pointers?

Thanks!!

Miles

Miles,

Welcome to the forums :welcome:

As to your overclocking question, let me direct you towards the Intel motherboards section of the forum, so that we don't drag this thread off topic, and also so that your question can get better exposure. ;)

Back