• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Official Battlefield 4 Thread - Report Performance & Experiences Here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Added super's result to the result post. Without a standardized test I'll just paste results for now and figure out how to graph later on.

Must...resist...leaving work...early...

Reserved for results:

System Specs
CPU: 4670k (stock)
MB: Biostar Z87X Hi-Fi
RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ares 2133 C10
GPU(s): PowerColor 7950 3GB (2DHPP)

Graphics Preset: Ultra
Monitor(s) resolution: 1 @ 1080P

Average FPS: 53.3

Last edited:
I will get some concrete numbers tonight when I get home, but I ran into quite a variance in FPS on my 7950 Crossfire rig. I also keep having this issue where for a few seconds, everything will slow down and the screen will "flicker"... it looks like the frames are tearing like crazy and then it will calm down and go back to normal for a bit.

so how do i get the fps in bf4 as i have never needed to do it for any games before so i have no references.

Is it just me or is there no way to create a platoon in battlelog?

Trying to get it created for BF4 and I don't see the option. Maybe i have to launch the game once first?

I saw somewhere there is a new 13.11 beta AMD driver today. I know the last one helped bf4 a bunch with CF. This one will probably help too.

Has anyone used the squad chat? Who was it that had a t/s server?

Is it just me or is there no way to create a platoon in battlelog?

Trying to get it created for BF4 and I don't see the option. Maybe i have to launch the game once first?

Blah blah blah!!!!

We want to see benchmarks with your brand new 290x!:p

I saw somewhere there is a new 13.11 beta AMD driver today. I know the last one helped bf4 a bunch with CF. This one will probably help too.

Has anyone used the squad chat? Who was it that had a t/s server?

There was a new AMD driver yesterday... 13.11 beta7... this is the one I tested with last night. I'm going to go home and run the Catalyst Uninstaller and then start fresh and see if that helps.

So, I'm at work until tomorrow and I have been looking into the performance of the game. I found a set of benchmarks run on the Alpha that showed some pretty pathetic results. I have a 7970 and it showed average FPS around 27-30. This seems very low for a $300-400 GPU. Do I need to make a jump and go with crossfire? I really dont want to have to do that.

So, I'm at work until tomorrow and I have been looking into the performance of the game. I found a set of benchmarks run on the Alpha that showed some pretty pathetic results. I have a 7970 and it showed average FPS around 27-30. This seems very low for a $300-400 GPU. Do I need to make a jump and go with crossfire? I really dont want to have to do that.

At what resolution where they getting 27-30?

I was getting about 40-45 average frames @ 1440p on HIGH settings with a 7970 in the beta.

The 7970 is slower than the 280x (due to clocks mind you) and the 290x costs $300. Not sure what you are expecting? The card is nearly 2 years old.

Last edited:
They need to mature the drivers and update the game. I was getting at one point 60-80FPS @ 1080p on ultra settings. Than I started getting 30-35 FPS avg.

Really fun and you'll find me playing Obliteration. Waiting for Hardcore Mode.

I was getting about 40-45 average frames @ 1440p on HIGH settings with a 7970 in the beta.

The 7970 is slower than the 290x (due to clocks mind you) and the 290x costs $300. Not sure what you are expecting? The card is nearly 2 years old.

Yeah , I understand the age thing. But when BF3 came out i was using a 2 year old GPU that I bought for $200. Buying a 2 year old 7970 is still almost double that.

The 7970 is slower than the 290x (due to clocks mind you) and the 290x costs $300. Not sure what you are expecting? The card is nearly 2 years old.

Correction : 7970 is essentially a 280x a 290x is a whole new beast.

@manu2b I'm working on getting some numbers together ;)

There is hardcore. I haven't played it yet, but did see several servers for it.

I really don't like that they took voice chat out of battlelog. How am I supposed to communicate outside of the game?

TBH, I'm hoping there's just a learning curve or "acceptance curve" because this game is terrible compared to 3...

System Specs
CPU: Intel i7-2600k @ 4.9ghz
MB: Asus P8P67
RAM: GSkill 1600mhz C8
GPU(s): Asus GTX780 DCu2 @ 1228/1525

Graphics Preset: ULTRA
Monitor(s) resolution: 2560x1440

Average FPS: 65

Back