• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Official Battlefield 4 Thread - Report Performance & Experiences Here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Correction : 7970 is essentially a 280x a 290x is a whole new beast.

@manu2b I'm working on getting some numbers together ;)

Thanks, meant to say 280x :)

On my numbers above, the 65 FPS, that was an average of multiple maps in multiple situations. I did multiple FRAPS runs, added all the runs together and divided. I had a high of 71 fps, and a low point of 54 fps with most of them in the mid 60's.

anyone else really not like the battlelog or know how to get past it

It is similar to BF3 when they started using it. So I'm used to it by now.

What issues are you having?

Have now played in 1 match, with game crashes before and after the match started/ended.

Definitely not impressed so far.

Really enjoying having Battlescreen on my other screen while playing on the middle one.

The game is decent so far, improved a few leaps from the beta graphics wise IMO.. No stutter or very little.

The only thing I am frustrated with is that it seems like I get killed REALLY easily. Its like I get 2-4 hit coins on someone and then they turn around with a pistol and take me down in 1 shot - VERY often. Or similar but with a rifle or something, coming around a corner, I die immediately when I see them or before I get to shoot.

I know there is the ping fudge factor and that I'm not an amazing player, but this is exceedingly more so than BF3 - I usually win gun fights at a 1.5 ratio. Now its more like .33 or something stupid.

I just did a side job on sunday that I am hopeing will pay for this game =) .
After playing the beta I would expect for me ~ 60fps @ 1080p on mostly ultra

It is similar to BF3 when they started using it. So I'm used to it by now.

What issues are you having?

Have now played in 1 match, with game crashes before and after the match started/ended.

Definitely not impressed so far.

neither am i it takes foreever to get in a match im waiting as i type

Anybody know if there is any real difference between the regular .exe & the 64-bit .exe? I always launched through Origin for BF3, but now there are two shortcuts on my desktop for BF4.

More gripes...

-The player list (when pressing tab) takes up far too much of the screen.

-I'm also bombing out (game just freezes). Happens once every other map on average.

-Having to install a third party app for voice chat outside of the game. Maybe I just got spoiled by that feature in battlelog, but I cannot understand why they changed it for BF4's battlelog. I like the in-squad chat, but without it persisting outside of the game, it loses a lot of its effectiveness.

-I'm not very impressed with the textures. Seems more reminiscent of Bad Company that Battlefield 3. Is this something they can change later?

was able to play last night and everything worked just fine but today I get an error message "Could not communicate with BF4. Please use the Task Manager to close it down" it won't even play campaign. if I go offline on origin then the campaign works. how do I fix origin?

System Specs
CPU: 3770k @ 4.7
MB: Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
RAM: G.Skill TridentX @ 2400Mhz
GPU(s): GTX Titan @ Stock
MAP: Golmud Railway
Graphics Preset: ultra 4x MSAA
Monitor(s) resolution: 1080

Average FPS: 103.8

was able to play last night and everything worked just fine but today I get an error message "Could not communicate with BF4. Please use the Task Manager to close it down" it won't even play campaign. if I go offline on origin then the campaign works. how do I fix origin?
I would imagine that is just server overload. I wouldn't try "fixing" anything until it continues for a bit.

Wow, those Titan stats are impressive compared to the others so far Psyko07.

Performance has improved a lot since beta :D

Beta:
2013-10-12 22:43:33 - bf4
Frames: 20408 - Time: 300000ms - Avg: 68.027 - Min: 38 - Max: 146
2013-10-12 22:50:22 - bf4
Frames: 22585 - Time: 300000ms - Avg: 75.283 - Min: 49 - Max: 124

Release:
2013-10-29 20:57:44 - bf4
Frames: 31164 - Time: 300000ms - Avg: 103.880 - Min: 53 - Max: 151
2013-10-29 21:06:34 - bf4
Frames: 24957 - Time: 242363ms - Avg: 102.974 - Min: 29 - Max: 149
2013-10-29 21:19:50 - bf4
Frames: 26872 - Time: 300000ms - Avg: 89.573 - Min: 48 - Max: 113
2013-10-29 21:27:54 - bf4
Frames: 26101 - Time: 300000ms - Avg: 87.003 - Min: 52 - Max: 129

Found a "workaround" for the lack of VOIP outside of game. You can go to the BF3 battlelog (via the dropdown in the top center of BF4's battlelog page) and create a group/join voice there. Then switch back over to BF4 battlelog and find a server. With this you'll have in-game and out-of-game voice chat.

The group i play with are getting a ton of crashes. One possibility could be the workaround discussed above. VOIP from battlelog conflicting with VOIP from squad chat? We were crashing to desktop about every ten minutes on a couple of the maps. About 15 minutes before we stopped, I went into the audio settings in-game and found the VOIP setting and disabled it. That seem to alleviate the crashes immediately, so hopefully that will be a permanent fix. It would be nice if they brought back the ability to join voice through group chat in BF4 battlelog...

Updated my earlier post with FPS results. Around 54 @1080P and Ultra with a 7950. Definitely better than I expected.

Game is starting to grow on me a bit, but I feel like they added way too much to it. It feels too close to COD :( Hopefully, balancing aids a bit in making it feel more like BF3.

Last edited:
System Specs
CPU: 3770k @ 4.7
MB: Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
RAM: G.Skill TridentX @ 2400Mhz
GPU(s): GTX Titan @ Stock
MAP: Golmud Railway
Graphics Preset: ultra 2x MSAA (No post processing... looks like garbage :mad:)
Monitor(s) resolution: 5760x1080

Average FPS: ~45

Jumped in for one round last night after downloading it all night. It runs increadibly smooth compared to the beta. I didn't run FRAPS so I don't know what I was averaging but it seemed really smooth. I will run it tonight to see where I am at.

I at least tried getting Shadowplay started but for some reason it wouldn't work while it showed it was on. Weird. Did the shortcuts "Alt-F9/F10" and nothing would happen.

After playing for a couple hours I have to say I'm impressed with it. Even on my slightly outdated machine it plays very smooth and is very fun. It has to be one of the best releases in terms of readiness in a long time. I'm using the 64bit start icon if that matter? Here are my performance stats.

System Specs
CPU: Phenom 1055T @ 3.6
MB: ASUS M4A89TD bus @ 300
RAM: 8 GB Mushkin Redline 7,8,7,24 1T at stock 1600
GPU(s): eVGA gtx 460 stock (I think)

Graphics Preset: Medium on all except texture filtering High, The three AA on the bottom set to off.
Monitor(s) resolution: 1920x1200

Average FPS: ~60 It bounces between 50-80

Overall the game looks amazing even with the limited settings my card can handle but I see no stutter at all. I can't wait to upgrade to see its full potential though.

Last edited:
Almost 10 hours of play time so far. Not liking some of the maps but I'm impressed with the polish. Maybe 4-5 crashes total.

System Specs
CPU: i7 920 @ 4.2ghz
MB: GB X58 Extreme
RAM: 6gb 1600mhz 8-8-8-20
GPU(s): 7970 1100 core, 1475 memory

Graphics Preset: ultra with no AA, effects HIGH
Monitor(s) resolution: 2560x1440

Average FPS: 60 with dips to 47-48

Back