• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The problem with overclocking the proc. z77 pro3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

humenabes

Hello.
I apologize for my bad English. I do not know this language well, so I will communicate through an interpreter.
Please forgive me, maybe this small problem will seem, but I do not know where else I should turn.

I have the configuration:
I5-3570K
asrock 1155 z77-pro3
4 + 4 GB dd
This configuration was purchased in 2013, then with the I5-3470 processor.
4 years I used it. We worked on the built-in kernel.
But recently I updated on 2.10a BIOS.
After that - does not see 2 memory slots, refuses to work in the built-in video core. Also, you can not change the multiplier above 38 points.
Having climbed the Russian forums, I realized that many users have this problem, but the solution was for ASUS motherboards.
Please help me. On the forums I found that it is necessary to flash Intel ME.
How to do this on this motherboard?
Thanks to all who responded. Goodness and peace in your families :)

Welcome to OCF! :welcome:

Try flashing the BIOS back to the version you had. You will need to download it from the MB manufacturer's website. I'm not familiar with Asrock so don't know if they have a utility to take care of that for you. If so, use it to flashback the BIOS.

Welcome to OCF! :welcome:

Try flashing the BIOS back to the version you had. You will need to download it from the MB manufacturer's website. I'm not familiar with Asrock so don't know if they have a utility to take care of that for you. If so, use it to flashback the BIOS.

I did it. The site has only 2 versions. 2.10 and 2.10a. The last version I have already installed. Unfortunately I have problems about which I wrote above.
1. The multiplier and many values for overclocking are blocked
2. The system in the monitoring sees 4 straps. in the end, selected any 2 slats from 4. I tried to install 4х4х4х4 and 4х8х4х4 and 4х4х4 and 4х8х4. In different slots, 4 different manufacturers. There is no regularity.

If someone on this motherboard did a replacement for ME, please report.
Thank you.

A couple of things: does the RAM you install have matched timings? 2) do you know you have good RAM -> install one stick, boot up, see what comes of the effort (checking for the BIOS for info), shut down, repeat in the second slot, etc., till you know whether all the slots are working. Also run MEMTEST with each stick.

I did it. The site has only 2 versions. 2.10 and 2.10a. The last version I have already installed. Unfortunately I have problems about which I wrote above.
1. The multiplier and many values for overclocking are blocked
2. The system in the monitoring sees 4 straps. in the end, selected any 2 slats from 4. I tried to install 4х4х4х4 and 4х8х4х4 and 4х4х4 and 4х8х4. In different slots, 4 different manufacturers. There is no regularity.

If someone on this motherboard did a replacement for ME, please report.
Thank you.

Do you have the CD that came with the MB it might have the Stock bios on it .

Woomack wrote a thread with the solution for the locked multi.

Someone posted I. It a few days ago, but I have not clue on the thread name. Can't remember.

Will try to find it in the Intel CPU or MOBO sections.

Back