• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Quest for a few more Sandy Bridge Boints - Now With 3D!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You may need a different bios for 1.213.
Being non-reference, you'll need to edit your own and hope it flies.

990 on 1.15v is nice!

You need afterburner EXTREME, not just regular old afterburner, you may also need a volt bios (you do for the 480 at least)

That depends on what VRM setup the gbt non-reference used.
If it's not the same as the reference cards AB-X isn't going to do anything.

Why'd I think it was gbt? Oh well.
If it's reference, AB-X will get you what you want.
The Asus bios will give you 1.213v while preserving SLI.

I think it's reference at least. The PCB says NVIDIA for what that's worth. Anyone know where to get this afterburner extreme?

Officially, you can't.
Unofficially, you pretty much need to know someone who went to MOA Vegas and trusts you, or someone they trust who trusts you.
Based on the complete lack of it being google-able, I get the idea that there were some threats leveled at the moa-vegas competitors should it hit the wilds.

Ahh, that's what I figured. Any other options out there? Custom BIOS or hard-mod my only real chance?

custom bios, or get a ROG board so you can use the ROG tweak-it tool for 5xx cards.

Thanks. After I get done with that-which-cannot-be-named and then benching this thing with what I can get easily, I'll work on the custom BIOS. This cooler keeps the card downright cool. Just finished running stalker overclocked with maxxed out voltage and temps topped out at 59°C.

AB extreme wont help you, it doesnt work with my cards at all. apparently not new enough for the fermi cards and doesnt let my 480's overvolt at all

AB extreme wont help you, it doesnt work with my cards at all. apparently not new enough for the fermi cards and doesnt let my 480's overvolt at all

grab the ABx from the file dump thread, if that one's not working (for some odd reason) I can send you one that DEFINITELY works with 480's on an EVGA volt bios.

Wow, I am really liking this X580. 1 GHz GPU on 3DMark03 anyone? This is still with a stock CPU. Just trying to find the limits before I push the CPU.

3d03-1000-1025-c.jpg

EDIT - Whoops, forgot to select the memory tab. Glad I'm not overclocked and trying to submit yet!

I concur! ...but have no money to follow through. I also only have one of these and am still a bit afraid of sub-zero GPU action.

It's a Sparkle X580, comes complete with an Acrtic Cooling Accelero and runs very cool (photo in post #22). Furmark load at stock clocks topped out at 56°C. The 1 GHz overclock is at maximum Afterburner volts, which is 1.150V. I'm done with stock and 24/7 clocked benches but still need to run max clocks with my CPU cranked. Hoping to get the full review out next week.

EDIT - If, by some unholy stroke of luck, I'm able to get a GTX590, can you SLI one of those with a GTX580 like you can with ATI 6990/6970?

EDIT II - I'm not sure how to tell VID, but the stock voltage in Afterburner is 1.000V. Is that good?

It's a Sparkle X580, comes complete with an Acrtic Cooling Accelero and runs very cool (photo in post #22). Furmark load at stock clocks topped out at 56°C. The 1 GHz overclock is at maximum Afterburner volts, which is 1.150V. I'm done with stock and 24/7 clocked benches but still need to run max clocks with my CPU cranked. Hoping to get the full review out next week.

EDIT - If, by some unholy stroke of luck, I'm able to get a GTX590, can you SLI one of those with a GTX580 like you can with ATI 6990/6970?

EDIT II - I'm not sure how to tell VID, but the stock voltage in Afterburner is 1.000V. Is that good?

Check in nvidia inspector, open the OC window and post a screeny....1.000 is pretty good.

No you cant SLI 590 and 580, it is not like AMD cards

Back