• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The quest for a QX9650 - rdrash & MIAHALLEN in Akihabara *56K warning*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hah. Agreed leftheaded. Everyone would be busy fighting over that instead of picking another gift. :p

Amazing shopping. And to think, I enjoy the selection at Frys...

:p

Great thread... I wish I could have gone... Hot processors and hot Japanese girls+beer. Can't go wrong

Intel Extreme CPUs have unlocked multipliers, but x9 is the default. He's using a NZXT case (forget the model), but it may as well be a test bench setup since he never puts the side panels on anyway LOL

maybe a reply to an old post,
but hes using the NZXT Zero, I have one too and they are great

btw you guys got great stuff for great prices

maybe a reply to an old post,
but hes using the NZXT Zero, I have one too and they are great

btw you guys got great stuff for great prices

You're correct...it is the NZXT Zero and i like it too.....

Thanks for the props!!! cheers to you :beer:

so how do they clock? how far have you got it on your TRUE 120? and are you planning LN2? :D

I've managed 4708MHz thus far. The TRUE 120 is a great cooler ....but I do need more...I haven't laid my hands on a pot yet, but I do have a custom SS Phase unit coming soon (thanks N0L for building). Won't be able to play with it until I after my big move..so around late January or early February I should be posting some news on my CPU with phase temps etc...

Great thread miahallen, enjoyed the sites but not the beer (my USB tastepad is on RMA) :D
rdrash, good to see you having fun with the new toys, don't blame you for jumping the fence for the "bluer" grass on the other side. Looks like 5G might be doable but can the board take it "I think it can" :thup:

how hot did it become on the true? mine gets 52c load @ 3.6ghz 450x8 1.525v

yours must be somewhere in the 70-80c zone right?

When I run prime95 (p 2-1) two of the cores are 70~73 and the other two are 75~78 (reported by core temp).

But I don't stay at 4708MHz for long...just long enough for screenies and a run or two at superpi/wprime type stuff.

I usually keep the CPU at 4400MHz for everyday stuff and that keeps the temps down in the high 30s low 40s.

Awesome thread!

The little woman and I are planning a trip to Japan in about 2 years. We're thrilled to go see the cherry blossoms in the Spring, eat some killer sushi and maybe even catch a sumo match. Of course I'm hoping we "stumble" on to a gaming expo or somesuch. :santa:

Btw - I hope I didn't offend any of our beloved female oc'ers out there with the "little woman" comment. I wasn't referring to my wife, but rather a very small woman I like to take long trips with. She's like 4'8". Not sure what that is in meters for all you out there in other countries - Canada too - but trust me, it's short.

About 1.46Meters. Treat the "Little Women" to some of the other great cultural experiances and she might let you spend a few Yen in the Little PC Shops :santa:

Wow so it was you Rdash who made it on to Akiba PC, congrats. saw your photo there. ;)

You guys should have seen Akiba in it's prime.
When we knew Intel is going to announce a new processor because it was on sale in Akiba already, in some cases like 2 weeks before official launch parts hit the shelves.
Seems their tight grip reached akiba and now online stores ship within a day via kuroneko left it's mark on Akiba.
It is becoming more an anime cosplay meeting place than ever before since there is no real need to hop in for hardware unless you are near.

Wow so it was you Rdash who made it on to Akiba PC, congrats. saw your photo there. ;)

WHAT WHAT WHAT!!! I'm a Star??? Man send me a link to the pub or let me know where I can get one....I only have a few days left here...I'd love to have that pub as my last souvenir!!!

Thanks for all your tips on hot spots in Japan Kuroimaho...you've been a great friend. If you ever come to Seoul let me know and I'll take you around, or at least we can have dinner ...my treat ofcourse.:beer::beer::beer:

I am going dark here in two hours...my last PC will be taken down and prepared for the movers....everything gets put into big wooden crates on the 20th...:cry::cry::cry:

Yeah, what's up with that??? Where is the picture? We are making one last run to Akihabara together before rdrash leaves for Seoul...Jan 3rd probably...maybe we can see this sight...let us know.

PM me if you can join us on this trip Kuroimaho.

Star ? No doubt, my bad it was Ascii but you were big in Japan, I even I have been wondering who is that lucky guy he got hardware he got girls. LINK

I tried to PM you about an Intel event next week MIA but got an error PM not allowed or sth. if you crave for some intel goodies then might be the right time. LINK

We are going to the old continent for some Christmas feeling I wonder can I make it to the sites if I get the QX9650 and a mobo ? ;)

Back