• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Truth Behind Winbond UTT (OCZ Vx)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
g0dM@n said:
I'm really beginning to HATE the XP-line Thermalright heatsinks. They are DISGUSTINGLY big and ugly. I may downgrade to a Copper Thermaltake... unless someone has a better suggestion. This freakin' XP90 is too big, and my CPU doesn't need much volts, so I don't need it really.

How bout a huge and ugly all copper XP??!! They now have the XP-90c, the huge engine looking thing in all copper...2 days after I ordered the all aluminum one :bang head . But yeah...it is HUGE :p . Very likely the last air cooler I ever buy....I plan on sticking with this mobo set for a while and playing with future A64 mobiles(lets see how long I can hold out) instead of going nF4 or beyond so maybe I'll actually get wet and take the plunge :cool:

i love them! i think the fan is awesome.. but thats me.. eh if u dont like them.. get water cooling! haha ive thought about it... and get a 3 120mm radiatior and put 3 220cfm fans on it!!! hahahaha

rseven said:
It's my understanding that most companies charge a 15% restocking fee whether you open the product or not. I really don't think it's the same as just looking at something in a store because in that case the store doesn't pay to ship it to you. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, I'm just questioning the rationale. There is nothing wrong with looking at an item when you receive it and deciding to return it because it looks cheap, it's not what you thought it was, or you just plain changed your mind.

You're right, Rseven... but if you read my complete post you will realize that they charge $4.33 shipping (non-refundable). In turn, they still make a buck or two on me for shipping b/c I know they don't pay that much to ship me something less than half a pound. Newegg WILL give you a full refund if your a customer like me. I've spent nearly 15K there in the past 2 years. I lose $8 about to check out the RAM. That's just a lunch to me. I didn't buy lunch today and made it for myself instead. There... now it evens out. :cool:

rseven said:
Correction, in New York it's not even enough for lunch. LOL

Where in NY do you live? A decent lunch is like 12 bucks there (if you're referring to NYC). My older brother works in Manhattan, and before I got my job in Englewood, NJ I used to visit him for lunch occasionally. We would spend like $25 between the two of us on just a simple lunch.

:welcome:

I am greet unhappy :shrug: ( I as yet) owner 4x512MB Twinmos I have BH5 UTT 1A4Tgdyż problems with achievement stable settings (even SPD) :{

All on 2x512B is OK

I wait on help :) you can pass (how mat 4x512MB) your settings from biosu

My config this:

DFI NF4 Ultra - D bios 412-2, A64 3000 + venice, chieftec 420W,

I apologize for my English

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

You also posted in the TwinMOS BH5 thread I saw... It's going to take MUCH PATIENCE to find a high stable setting. The timings really play a good part in obtaining a high setting. Good luck.

:welcome:

i can not get my system to pick up 4x512 ram even though it boots with 4 sticks, you have to run 4x512 at 2T( turn cpc off), you won't be able to OC nearly as high, but like i said i never have been able to get 4x512 to work the couple of times i tried....

g0dM@n said:
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

You also posted in the TwinMOS BH5 thread I saw... It's going to take MUCH PATIENCE to find a high stable setting. The timings really play a good part in obtaining a high setting. Good luck.

ok thx
I can not even put stable 200MHz 2-2-2-8 :{ on tension 3,2 V for 4x512MB, and 2x512 walks stable on 224MHz :{ gold memory

even SPD to it can break down on 4x512MB gold memory

bobmanfoo said:
i can not get my system to pick up 4x512 ram even though it boots with 4 sticks, you have to run 4x512 at 2T( turn cpc off), you won't be able to OC nearly as high, but like i said i never have been able to get 4x512 to work the couple of times i tried....

i run only my system in 2T ang cry

ps.
let's go to this topic http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=3853520#post3853520 TwinMOS Speed Premium BH-die Review
ok ??

Back