• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Ultimate Drive(for breast cancer)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sno.lcn

Senior2 Member
Although this isn't directly folding related, it is benefiting a big part of what we're trying to do here.
I thought some of the folders here might like to participate in this. I did it last year, and I can't wait to do it this time! I already signed up to drive a 330cic and an x3. The deal is you sign up online for your nearest BMW dealership and you make an appointment (or two) to test drive BMWs. For every mile you drive BMW will donate $1 to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. It's free to sign up and it goes to a good cause. Plus it's going to be really fun, last year I beat the s*** out of all the cars I test drove and plan to do so again this year. Even though you can make appointments to drive up to two cars, you can really drive as many as you want when you get there. The more, the better. Signup is free. That and schedules for your nearest dealer can be found at bmwusa.com/theultimatedrive or by clicking HERE.
What I'll probably do go ahead and sign up for all four dealerships near me since they all do it on a different day.

*Edit: You have to be 21 or older for this...I was an exception last year because my buddy worked at the dealership and hooked me up.

Last edited:
Shelnutt2 said:
:cry: :cry:

Well I can't drive anyway, but man I was hoping to be a passenger with my father..
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that. It's so much fun beating on all those brand-new bimmers!

yeah, it's a very good program!! and good to try out some new bimmer too!! you guys should do it if you could, not just for the fun part, but also for the donation part!! :thup:

Registration is closed for all markets in your area.

That sucks.
I always love to test drive cars even when Im not shopping for a new car. And hell this time its for a good cause. I figured "Hey New Orleans is a big city they are going to do it here for sure !" but I guess not :(

w00t!!!! It's finally teh 7th! Only 4 more hours...I'll try and remember my camera so I can take some cool bimmer pics.

*Edit: Okay, I'm a moron. I got my camera out all ready to take some pics, I took one and it was all good, I took another and it said I was out of memory. As it turns out, I left my memory card in my compie at home! I'm trying to get to the other event tomorrow at the next dealership but it's at UGA so it'll take me about an hour to drive there, but it'll be worth it! I got to drive everything except the 650i because you have to be 25 to drive it and my buddy is no longer employed by the dealership to help me out.

Last edited:
pik4chu said:
They are built like a tank. Myself and co-worker walked away from a 75mph rollover in my BMW w/o a single scratch or bruise.
Yes, bimmers are pretty much bulletproof.

*Edit: BTW, here's the one pic I was able to take before my camera's internal memory ran out:
I hit 130mph in this car(330cic for those of you that don't know your bimmers:D ) on I-85 and 135mph in the 3.0 is Z4:attn:

Last edited:
Here is my baby. 535i 1990. Best ive gotten her to was 115mph though when she was new could get to ~125(she was 16 years old after all)
Rest In Peace my freind

poorbwm4.jpg

pik4chu said:
Here is my baby. 535i 1990. Best ive gotten her to was 115mph though when she was new could get to ~125(she was 16 years old after all)
Rest In Peace my freind
Nah, it'd get well over 125. My '89 325i would get up to 150 if I had a safe place to do it(by buddy's done it in his). Those things don't have speed governors ya know.
Anyway, I feel your pain.:cry: It happens to the best of us though.

sno.lcn said:
Nah, it'd get well over 125. My '89 325i would get up to 150 if I had a safe place to do it(by buddy's done it in his). Those things don't have speed governors ya know.
Anyway, I feel your pain.:cry: It happens to the best of us though.
Well when it was new to me, It was pruchased brand new by my father the year they came out. I purchased it from him when I was getting my permit. so it was like some, 6 years old by then. And given my mom was a bit paranoid he never drove too fast when we (kids) were in the car :p

MY new subaru can do 110 w/o breaking a sweat tho, lol (thats the current max tho, CO lacks good long flat roads in most places, hehe)

sno.lcn said:
Yes, bimmers are pretty much bulletproof.

*Edit: BTW, here's the one pic I was able to take before my camera's internal memory ran out:
I hit 130mph in this car(330cic for those of you that don't know your bimmers:D ) on I-85 and 135mph in the 3.0 is Z4:attn:
lol.... that's my GF's baby!! except hers is blue ;) too bad there's no convertible allowed without a rollbar at the track, otherwise I'll see what she could do... :D

glad you had fun and did it for a good cause!! :thup: :cool:

This looks like fun! The only problem is, I'll have to drive an hour to even get to a bimmer dealership. :(

Oh well, maybe I'll find some time... my grandmother is a breast cancer survivor, so this cause (and folding of course) hits very close to home.

Back