• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The watercooling rig begins.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeffP

Well some of the first parts are starting to come together. I'm really held up waiting on the G4 Storm and the U2-UFO cases to become availble. Other then that she's nearing the stages of being ready to roll.

Internals are going to be a 3.4E LGA with the new DFI 875P-T, a couple of Raptors, and for memory I believe the OCZ Plat. Rev 2 but haven't made up my mind yet. Video card for the new rig is undecided as well. Either a 6800 Ultra or a X800 XT PE, tought choice as I love my GT OC'd. Holding out for the OCZ 620w PSU. The Silverprop HL is due anyday now.

Here's a couple of pics of the parts that are here anyway. Now the wait game, it's killing me.

H120.3 Rad
2x DD D4's
DD 5-1/4" double bay res.
R-1000 1/2" tubing
2x Vantec Fan controllers
6x120mm Sanyo Fans on Rad
4x Panaflo 120mm fans
3x Panaflo 80mm fans
Coolsleeves and other assorted junk.

Attachments

• wcsetup.jpg
    wcsetup.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 172
  • wcrad.jpg
    wcrad.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 236
dang 6 fans.... quick question though, would the hot air just be circulating in the radiator and not be blow out? I mean obviously it'll find a way out but im wondering if it makes a difference hmm.
Anyway that's awesome, if youre going to go for anything the first time, go big :D

Talon101 said:
dang 6 fans.... quick question though, would the hot air just be circulating in the radiator and not be blow out? I mean obviously it'll find a way out but im wondering if it makes a difference hmm.
Anyway that's awesome, if youre going to go for anything the first time, go big :D

I believe those are set up in a push/pull arrangement.

Talon101 said:

As CPUonNO2 mentioned they are push/pull. The 3 that have the metal mesh grills mount on the front of the case pulling cool air in. The 3 on the rear are blowing back into the case. They say there is about a 30% increase in flow from push/pull. The idea is to run these at 7v so the rpms are low and quiet and thus the need for a push/pull is greater. Thats the plan we will see how well it unfolds. :)

My motto is do it once and do it right. :thup:

Smart with the push/pull, cant you just get 6x 120mm stealth fans? I dont know if that would do about the same thing.

sorry if this question may sound a little stupid :|

Msi. said:
Smart with the push/pull, cant you just get 6x 120mm stealth fans? I dont know if that would do about the same thing.
sorry if this question may sound a little stupid :|

The Sanyo Denki fans are really good fans, more so then the stealth but thats just my opinion. I wanted something that would move a good volume of air at low rpm and they seem to be a nice match for the price.

I really like the 120mm Panaflo's I got for the case but they are a little pricey by comparision.

mR|bUNgLe said:
why two pumps for only one block and rad ?

more flow, head pressure.

BTW, lookiing forward to how this project progress'. I'm actually doing a setup very similar except on a thermochill 120.2

Back