• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The X-treme Hard Drive Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well, i just bought a sheet of 32x32x1/16" lucite. Time to go find a guinnea pig hd.

:p

Edit: Yes! first post on a new page. lol

Another edit: Here's my attempt at a window for my hd:

hd.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/robsmods/hd.jpg - img doesnt seem to be working very well. here's the url.

I want to try one of maxtor hard drives to get that cut out in the top. This is a really old maxtor (120mb) so i had to replace the whole top because there was no pattern to cut out. It turned out all right, but i needed to clean it better (lol, dust on the inside). THhe foam around the edge looked like crap so I put some electrical tape on the sides to cover it up. I lost the screws a long time ago (I took the top off a few months back when i was thinking of doing this before) so i just grabbed a bunch of cool-looking red screws and jammed them in there (so long screw holes). It still works more or less. I cant decode the jumpers so i never got it working as a primary hd. as a secondary it would come up as empty, 120mb free. from what i recall i had formatted it so this is fine.

Now I think it's almost time to move on to my 2 or 4.3 gig.

Last edited:
Happy birthday, annoyingrob!
For your birthday, I'm giving you a lifetime supply of water for a watercooling system at an amazingly low price and great availability. I've got it all set up. Just go over to any faucet in your house and enjoy the wet goodness (not that kind).

Annoyingrob said:
Yay. Somebody noticed my birthday. good ol....uhh...17. oooh

Only 4 more years and you'll be a real person!!! Just kidding, of course. You're as real as any of us are.

Back