• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thermal paste

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pugsport

is there a big diference in performance between the thermal pastes? if so which would you say is better?

ill be using this for my water block on my CPU and i guess ill need paste and pads for my GPU blocks.

at the moment im running a a stock cooler and paste on my i5 2500k and getting idle temps of 28c - 29c and ive not seen it above 44c when encoding video and gaming but thats at stock voltage.

there is a difference in the better ones, wont be huge unless you really need every last degree of cooling. I personally use the artic silver ceramique, as it is a large tube and very cost effective-yet provides good cooling ability

I wouldnt hesitate to use mx-2, mx-2, as5, ic7 or just about any of the mainstream stuff. I did try to use some of the paste that comes with the stock coolermaster hsf's and it was a joke and dried out after only a couple months

I would say so... Check out this link.

I use MX-3, but like dejo said, unless you really need every last degree, most will suit you just fine. IMHO, it is worth checking out the link above and just picking the best, since you are in a position to start fresh, and they are all very similar in cost.

the mx-2 is better paste than the ceramique, but the tube that I bought was 22grams for $7 american. you usually get 3-5 grams for $8 american. either would work very well for 99% of the applications they are used for.

Back