• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Air Cooler on Amazon for $36

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Glad I looked into the thread. Going to try this out before buying the AIO I was looking at.

--edit
The case I am buying is blacked out, not clear panels, as I am not really into colors or light as the computer is set up in my bedroom. Was wondering can the RGB lights be turned off on this?

Heh. I had my doubts as well but thought that for casual gaming until I bought a new GPU it might work. Ahh well. AIO it is.

Yeah... forgot you don't have a cooler really without ordering a backplate. For gaming, it should hold... but a final solutions is a new backplate or new 3x120 aio.

dude im so sad the at the state of good sub $50 coolers now. trying to not go into story mode right now, lol. short version is a program with work is ending soon, best thing i could find to get is a 13th gen 13100F, and didnt cost any $$. this cooler will be over kill for a 54watt/89watt max cpu, just mean i can keep the fans on a low speed. nice and quiet.

Its an ok cooler. Not the best, far from the worst. Its a good value. Maybe the new 212? I dont know..

I will have to get a 13th gen part and some DDR5 to test how they all do with Intel. They soak up AMD no problem, and 7nm is a ***** to cool at the top end. But Intel power.. not sure its been awhile since I rolled with them.

Its an ok cooler. Not the best, far from the worst. Its a good value. Maybe the new 212? I dont know..

I will have to get a 13th gen part and some DDR5 to test how they all do with Intel. They soak up AMD no problem, and 7nm is a ***** to cool at the top end. But Intel power.. not sure its been awhile since I rolled with them.
price to performance it is a winner, why should i pay 50ish for a new 212. that in some cases may barely beat this cooler for $36. i remember when the 212 everyone was like oooo and with the price they took off. now it just seems overpriced for what it is.

price to performance it is a winner, why should i pay 50ish for a new 212. that in some cases may barely beat this cooler for $36. i remember when the 212 everyone was like oooo and with the price they took off. now it just seems overpriced for what it is.
I have a 212 and I think it is a total piece of junk, I always have. I bash it every chance I get.. after 10 years I might be getting a little sick of it.

**** that cooler :)

I meant the PA120 is the new value champ. It is an awesome little cooler for the price.

Back