• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright SLK-947 VS. SP-94 ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pilmania

Registered
Ok, the temp on my cpu at idle is about 48 degree and 65 when running 2 prime95 with P4 2.4C oc'ed at 3.6GHz. The vcore is at 1.65. I am starting to get worried about this high temp. I know that abit boards usually report 8 - 10 degrees higher but still... So I am in the market for a better hsf and I am looking at these two right now. Slk-947 and SP-94. Sp-94 is $15 USD more expensive then the 947 but I heard their performance is about the same but I see that most of people choose sp-94 over slk-947. How better is sp-94 than slk-947? Is it really worth the extra $15? oh one more thing, will it fit in my IC7-max3 board?

Their cooling abilities are about the same but the $15 buys you heatpipes :) Both will fit your board.

rxc said:
Their cooling abilities are about the same but the $15 buys you heatpipes :) Both will fit your board.

if their performances are about the same then basically heatpipes aren't really doing anything right? plz correct me if i am wrong.

pilmania said:

if their performances are about the same then basically heatpipes aren't really doing anything right? plz correct me if i am wrong.

They are doing something, the SP performs better than the SLK by a few degrees. Whether or not that's worth $15 to you is the question. Personally, I like the look of heatpipes :)

the sp-94 is really awesome, it has heat-pipes so u could prolly just let it go fanless cuz of the heatpipes, it brings the heat faster away from the core so if u like let it go stock, it would most likely run fine w/o a fan

dalilman52 said:
the sp-94 is really awesome, it has heat-pipes so u could prolly just let it go fanless cuz of the heatpipes, it brings the heat faster away from the core so if u like let it go stock, it would most likely run fine w/o a fan

so why does it come with a fan? I'm in the market for a good heatsink for an AMD overclock, so I might be looking at the sp-97. the stock fan is too loud IMO.

I don't think it comes with a fan. it's only heatsink.

youngbuck said:

so why does it come with a fan? I'm in the market for a good heatsink for an AMD overclock, so I might be looking at the sp-97. the stock fan is too loud IMO.

archilochus said:
Dalilman, was being funny..:D :)

no..i was being serious, if it was like a mobile amd or something u could most likely pull it off, i read it at some review site i think

and i think the guy means the stock fan on the stock amd hsf

Back