• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright vs. Swiftech for A64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Warmonger

Registered
I read positive reviews for both Thermalright SLK-948U and Swiftech MCX6400-V.
I believe both can take 92mm fans?
So which one is better for A64 newcastle?

It also seems that the panaflo fans (not sure which models) are good combos with if I want good cooling and relatively quiet setup. There was also mention of delta but they are sold out? Wasn't vantec another good choice?
Sorry new to this and there is alot different choices so I'm trying to get a consensus what is the best combo.
Thanks for any info!

The thermalright is better. Personally, I'd get a 92mm enermax fan with the controller.

They have a pretty wide range depending on if you want better cooling or less noise.

i can't speak for the a64 platform but with the Socket A, you'd be doing well either way. Both companies make very good products.

I just ordered the thermalright 948-U plus the highspeed panaflo 92mm fan. 55 cfm at only 34 dBA. Enermax is good too. The Delta HHE is out of stock, and the EHE is about as loud as the tornado... So if you don't mind the noise of a vacuum cleaner, then go with the vantec tornado. Other then that, I say go with a panaflo.

Back