• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Level 10 GT LCS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cswann821

Registered
Hi everyone, I'm getting ready for a new build, and am torn between 3 cases. I was planning on just going wih COOLER MASTER HAF X or Corsair Obsidian Series 800D , but then I found the... Thermaltake Level 10 GT. This thing looks so different i'ts really caught my eye. Plus I love the fan filters!!

My question is that the Thermaltake comes in a LCS version..which has liquid cooling setup in it already. Does anyone know if this is worth it? is it anygood? I was originally going to go with one of the Corsair cooling kit (100HD). I've never ran liquid cooling so am unsure on what brand to look at. I have heard that thermaltake cooling is crap...and the corsair is getting good reviews.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction here?

I suggest that you stay very far away from anything that has the words thermaltake and water cooling in the same sentence. The corsair water coolers are much better quality, but still do not perform as well as a custom water cooling loop.

Yeah, I'd have to agree on the thermaltake and water cooling front. I had a thermaltake w/c kit in my first w/c build. They're not terrible, but they're DEFINITELY not very good either. Most of thermaltake's components aren't compatible with what pretty much every other w/c company makes, so it's not exactly easy to implement non-thermaltake components into a thermaltake w/c system. And to be honest, I would just avoid getting a kit altogether.

If you want a water cooled rig, before you make any decisions go to the watercooling threads, and check out what people have to say. Also, read the stickies in the watercooling threads, because they really will make water cooling MUCH easier.

That said, from a former water cooler, good luck on your build! I hope everything goes well for you!

Back