• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Pacific RGB fittings + Riing plus fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eth100tx

I've built system with the Thermaltake Pacific RGB fittings + Riing Plus fans only to discover the Thermaltake controllers are different and don't connect... The Riing controler attaches to usb and can chain. The Pacific RGB controler has an unused 5 pin connector that doesn't match with Riing controler chaining... Also the Pacific RGB (fittings) can't attach to the computer to control...

Thoughts?

The fittings have a 4 pin fan connector which drives the LEDs. Can I rewire to the 4 pin rgb headers on the motherboard?

Thanks.

Looked into a bit more. To connect the Riing Plus to my Gigabyte Aorus you need a TT Sync Controller TT Premium Edition http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00003143

Seperately The RGB fitting appear to be standard 4 pin rgb leds. There are 6 leds per fitting and it's unclear how much I can wire up to the motherboard header without needing a seperate power circuit...

Glad you found the hub that is needed to work with your MB.

The problem I've also noticed over the years is a lot of these companies leave those specifics out leaving you blind to what the limits of said hardware are. It's frustrating since it could leave your build semi-finished but sometimes the company will bring out that kind of information. You might have to chase for it unfortunately.

Back