• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

These two modules will work fine with my current modules correct?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If the modules are listed on your motherboards QVL (qualified vendor list) then you can be confident that they will work

Here is a download link for your ASUS Maximus Hero IX QVL: MAXIMUS-IX-HERO_Z270-6L_memory_QVL.pdf

Many modules not listed will also work, the manufacturer just hadn't tested every single stick of RAM on the market.

Maybe. It's always a crapshoot to mix and match and not recommended. That said, if the primary timings and voltage match, that is your best chance for success.

Why dont you get the same set???? They are still being sold....if it was me I would pay for the same kit, number one for compatibility, but also just so it matches and looks good.

Do you need more? 16GB is plenty for most users... unused RAM is useless. ;)

Last edited:
Getting the Royal version for a future build but using them in the meantime with the normal trident z's. If they won't work then I'll just remove the old trident z's because they will be sold with my mobo and cpu when I upgrade.

Mixed modules are more likely to cause instability in an overclocked system.

If you can find out what ics the royals use and if they are the same as your current modules they should work. if not its a toss up.

I called G. Skill and they couldn't tell me what ics they use. Go figure, lol. I guess, I'll just have to find out the hard way or wait till I can afford the 4x8 royal kit.

I called G. Skill and they couldn't tell me what ics they use. Go figure, lol. I guess, I'll just have to find out the hard way or wait till I can afford the 4x8 royal kit.

They probably use more than one ICS in that same series and unless you remove the heat spreader to be able to see the actual chip and it's markings it may be impossible to tell.

They probably use more than one ICS in that same series and unless you remove the heat spreader to be able to see the actual chip and it's markings it may be impossible to tell.
Taiphoon burner tells you. ;)

And unrelated, gpuz tells you for GPUs.

But, obviously you need to have the sticks in hand to see it. :)

Back