• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

They must suck

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am a bit concerned about AMD's financing. In the mortgage business, banks have been going belly up because the investors got tired of the losses, and pulled the financing.

I wonder how long AMD can pull off the "you're in too deep, might as well keep going" approach. If the investors decide to cut their losses, AMD will be history also.

If/when DAAMIT goes under,baring a breakthrough miracle, there will be someone with the bargain buying bux to pick up the pieces and keep Intel working and competing for profits. Someone like IBM or an investment group who can get it done. The present stock holders will most likely take a bath in the left over red ink as the new owners get the assets and a fresh start.

DAAMIT has the fabs and technical know how to compete, but the present management sux and keeps snatching defeat from the jaws of victory LOL.

There are no white knights in either green or blue.

Audioaficionado said:
If/when DAAMIT goes under,baring a breakthrough miracle, there will be someone with the bargain buying bux to pick up the pieces and keep Intel working and competing for profits.

:) VIA.

AC is keeping an eye out for the life raft. :santa:

If/when DAAMIT goes under,baring a breakthrough miracle, there will be someone with the bargain buying bux to pick up the pieces and keep Intel working and competing for profits.
I wish I felt as sure about that as you do. I hope it's true! :D

Blah Blah Blah... Over a year ago I read that AMD wouldn't have out K10 by the 2nd half of 2007. So far they have not deceived me. I don't know where people got the idea it would be out sooner.

Considering they are standing in line again for another 1.5 Billion USD some bad benches wouldn't do much good for them.
Of course it doesn't mean they suck, if they can go only 3G that's enough to keep them in the mid, lowend.

Zerix01 said:
Blah Blah Blah... Over a year ago I read that AMD wouldn't have out K10 by the 2nd half of 2007. So far they have not deceived me. I don't know where people got the idea it would be out sooner.

AMD said it actually.

Seems I am not the one who sees these cherrypicked barcs as tool to raise some cash.

In April, rumors were about Barcelona being better than expected, and was
demoed at 2.9Ghz. They got the $2.2B convertible done, and a month later in Taiwan, Barcelona at <2Ghz was shown. Last week, we get rumors about Barcelona being at 3+ghz by December, and this week, we get a new round of financing (a new $1.5B convertible).

LINK

i'd like to see AMD leverage the Ati synergy. it would be great to see them come out with a motherboard with intergrated video (Ati) and cpu memory buses. but still letting you pick the gfx and the cpu

they could pull this off because they can design the pairs themselves. but i guess that would take even more money that they cann't afford, but it could pay in the long.

Back