• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking about having 4-7 80mm 21db fans all exhaust

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DumpALump

I am going to be building a new case out of plexiglass. The reason is my PC-60 case is really too small for watercooling(well it's watercooled now...... but I'm bored :D). So I want to put the HC down in the bottom front with every crack and hole sealed up with rubber or liquid nails. Then I want to put in 4-7 80mm 21db fans for exhaust. This should pull only air through the heatercore and cool all the components in the case.

So I suposidly would get maybe 150-200cfm going through the HC with low db.

I also have a 172mm fan that on 5v is probably 30db... not sure on cfm but I'm sure its a lot more than one of these 80s. Would having 3 of these be better? They are a bit heavier so maybe it would cause stress on the plexiglass?

Would this work? Anyone try this before?

Edit: I also want to sound deaden the whole thing, cept for the HC and where the fans are. I'll probably use the cheap melamine.

(4) 21dba fans is about 28dba all together, plus it may create more vibrating sound then a single large fan @ comparible dba.
i think 7 fans is about 32dba (don't have my dba calculator handy now) So basicly 100cfm (ur using panaflo 25cfm right?) to 175cfm is pretty comparibly to a 150mm-172mm fan. Besides that, you're not including that max pressure of the fans, larger fans tend to have better preformance @ high static pressures (HC are dense). Cfm isn't the preformance of the fan, its like comparing athlonXPs and P4s by mhz.

Back