• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking about holding out for next gen GPUs, Intel HD 4000 until then?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XiZE

I'm currently in the process of building a new gaming computer and was going to get a 3770k and GTX 670 in October/November, but after reading some of the articles around that state GK110 would be much better than GK104, I'm debating whether or not to hold out until then. I know that Intel HD 4000 will suffice for my day to day needs, but I don't want to wait another 7 months until the next generation of GPUs comes out (AMD or nVidia). Can anyone give me an estimate on when either of these will arrive and whether or not it will be worth the wait? I realize the flagships will be more expensive as well as the first things to be released, but if either is coming out (or at least being announced) by December/January I could probably wait it out till then.

Probably around April, but, just a heads up.

When the GTX700 (GK110) cards arrive, they'll announce the GM104 and the GTX800 (Maxwell). Rinse and repeat.

If you wait for better performance in computers, you'll always be waiting.

Back