• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking of making a mid range amd machine.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

I have never owned or used an amd product before and you guys know how much I like to build and tinker with pc's. I was thinking of making a mid range amd pc. Somewhere in the areas of $500-$800 as a second to my intel machine. I would like to use an amd cpu, and radeon card. Would be interesting and if I ever get to broke I could probably sell it for $100-$200 more than I paid to build it. If you guys have the time and would like to, please go to pcpartpicker.com and make me a build that would play gta v at around 50-80 fps and still be under $800. I think it's kinda fun making builds on there and just messing with that website. Up to you guys. Thanks.

Here's a start with the main bits https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WKGs8Y , there's a warning about issues, that's for the mobo which may need a BIOS update for the CPU. AMD did ship an old CPU out for updating and probably still will.

Back