• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This isnt normal for a Q6600.. Is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freeagent

I just got my new used quad in the mail today, and Ive been messing around with it, first starting off with voltages I was used to useing with a Q6600.. around 1.4v, but under 1.5v.. I had been haveing issues with temps all day, tho it wasnt causeing me an issue, But it was messing with my overclock! And I think I just figured out why!

This chip is now running at 3400mhz with 1.2625v, the vid on it is 1.25v :eek:

Still runs a touch warm tho!

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4532/41717728.jpg

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/521/12094949.jpg

:thup:

thats pretty warm for the voltage...what cooler are you using?! but jezzeee thats hella good for the voltage! see how high u can push it!

just a question wat program is the temp moniter?

Everest Ultimate :thup:

Q6600 3.4ghz with 1.24vcore ! damn... thats LOW !

I know! Thats some freaky deaky stuff right there :D

thats pretty warm for the voltage...what cooler are you using?! but jezzeee thats hella good for the voltage! see how high u can push it!

Your telling me! Ive never had such a hot cpu before! You should see what happens when you apply voltage :fear:

I got my q6600 to 4.2 at 1.57V...is that bad, the volts i mean...

Its pretty good.. I used to give my old Q6600 1.5875 for 3800. and it ran cooler then this one did :D

Odd (high) VID although for some of the late '07/early '08 G0s, that clocking per volts is normal. My last G0 did 1.26v 3.4GHz fully stable. It ran very hot though... 1.28v was enough to need turbines in my house or, powerful WC.

Odd (high) VID although for some of the late '07/early '08 G0s, that clocking per volts is normal. My last G0 did 1.26v 3.4GHz fully stable. It ran very hot though... 1.28v was enough to need turbines in my house or, powerful WC.

Yeah man, I cant believe how hot this chip is with such low voltage :D

My first Q6600 was one of the first g0 q66's, and as thirsty as it was for voltage, it ran waay cooler then this chip could even dream about!

I used almost half a tube of as5 trying to perfect my mount, but theres no gettin around it! My first one was an L720B023, so quite abit earlier then this one.. I kinda miss it now lol :)

I fixed my heat issue by spinning the true around, and i spun the bracket the other way, much much better!

I paid 115 for mine last month, but the first one I had was about 300ish give or take.

That was in 07 i think..

Back