• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

THOROUGHBRED compatability

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sgt_Jatt

Registered
I have a 1700+ THOROUGHBRED, and wanted to know what mobo it shall go on without any probs.
The reason I ask is coz I have the Asus A7V333 mobo with the latest BIOS and when I took out my 2000+ cpu and put in the 1700+, the computer wouldn't start up, but as soon as I installed my 2000+ again, everything was fine.
I even reset the cmos, as it says in the mobo manual.
Plz help.
thanks

cpus

Odds are the newest bios changes some minor things that'll make running Tbreds easier. Check asus' site.

Strange, there's no reason why it shouldn't work on that board. Are you sure that you didn't overlook anything after installing the Tbred? Also, it's possible that the chip is DOA but I would make sure nothing was overlooked.

When you say the computer wouldn't even start, what exactly happens? Do you get any warning beeps from the internal speaker?

Firstly the cpu wasn't ocerclocked..
When I turn it on, the power light comes on and the HD Activity light flashes a few times, then thats it, the power light stayts on, no hd activity, and the monitor gets a no input signal..

Samoyed may correct, CPU DEAD :eek: That i all i think of.. To be sure... find someone have better board to test on it.

Or you find this: Get all the voltage jumper back to default

everything is default.
The thing is I brought it from ebay, and sent it back to the sender who then said he waould send it to amd.
Now he is saying, that amd said it was fine and that it works.
What should I do, he also said that only he can send it to amd, as he his the seller.
I live in the UK.

Back