• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoughts and O/C Results for Asus 5850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Loving this thread, just got my card in the post this morning, It is a weighty card i must say!!! im really excited about overclocking it, will have my rig back on sunday/monday and lets hope i get as good a results as urs ( considering my i7 920 is at 4.2 too ;) )

yeah.. ive tried to overclock it.. the most it'll go to is 775/1125...

thats unfortunate man :( i even went and bought one second hand cos almost all the reference board models ( the cheap ones anyways) were sold out everywhere. If its getting to u sell it on ebay and grab yourself a ref board model so you can change the volts :)

Nice review....I'll have to try it on both of mine and see if I can finally hit 30k in 3d06...I'm stuck at 28k..I got the 28K with it at max in CCC but haven't tried Afterburner on them

As long as they're reference 5850's you should see a huge leap in benchmark scores if you bump the voltage and hit at least 1Ghz on the cores.

I have another reference 5850 coming and will perform a thorough thrashing of both cards in Crossfire - hopefully running both at 1000/1250 and maybe more.

Ohhh mannnn!!!! I can't wait!!! (wringing hands together)

Last edited:
As long as they're reference 5850's you should see a huge leap in benchmark scores if you bump the voltage and hit at least 1Ghz on the cores.

I have another reference 5850 coming and will perform a thorough thrashing of both cards in Crossfire - hopefully running both at 1000/1250 and maybe more.

Ohhh mannnn!!!! I can't wait!!! (wringing hands together)

grrr i wish i had the money to go crossfire!!!! I think when i have the money over the summer its either between that or watercooling!!! ( would be sweet in my new Hf 922,) I CANT DECIDE!!!! blarg

Back