• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoughts on EVGA PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MattD.

Registered
I am wondering if anyone has tried these, and what they think. I am replacing my PSU from a Corsair unit, and upgrading to a 650w. I looked around a bit for a review and I couldn't find much.
Here is the PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438005

Edit-Added build.
CPU: i5 3570k

GPU: EVGA 660

MOBO: ASrock z77 x3

RAM: G-Skill 8gb (

COOLER: Corsair H100

CASE: Corsair C70.

Last edited:
Reviews are good but price are a bit high, mostly on the highest end models. The one you listed is priced OK.

Depends on the specs of the system you're going to be putting it in. Might want to list those.

Yea, that PSU will be plenty for that rig. EVGA units are good quality stuff.

Reviews are good but price are a bit high, mostly on the highest end models. The one you listed is priced OK.
It was either the EVGA unit, or a Seasonic 650w. Although I read something about a Seasonic PSU being the same as a Corsair unit, so I tried looking into the EVGA unit.
And I also want fully modular, and 80 gold; and I don't mind paying a bit extra for that.

Above average but not great PSU (based on the 1500W reviews), not badly priced for the quality/efficiency though.

That build's going to draw no where near 600W though. More like 300W (77W CPU, 150W GPU, 40W for everything else).

Back