• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ti4600 voltage mod guide with pic's and links to other graphic's cards!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

qwerty57

BANNED TROLL-Silversinksam
First I volt/modded:
KX7-333r:LINK HERE
mobopoints.JPG

vdimm maxed to 3.24v-50k Pot.resistor (pin 3)
memchip.JPG

vcore maxed to 2.05v-50k Pot.resistor (pin 7 vcore, pin 10 overvoltgae protection)
vcorechip.JPG

Ti4600:
vmem maxed to 2.94v-(default is 2.83v) 1k omh resistor(pin 18 of sc1175cs chip) and other end to ground (or pin 20)
gpu maxed to 1.96v-(default is 1.66v) 560 ohm resistor(pin 11 of sc1102cs chip) and other end to ground (or pin 14)
"THE YELLOW LINE'S ARE THE HOT PIN'S"

vmod%20points.JPG

memory controller
mem%20controller.JPG

GPU controller
gpu%20controller.JPG

Next had a slk-600(socket A Heatsink) machined and cut in half so it only takes up two pci slots(with fan) and had 4 bolts fitted in to the hs base to hold the 600 on with(M3 bolts0 using the 4 holes around the GPU.. for a fan i use a 60mm 34cfm delta..

a good heatsink for the ti4600 mod is the
Vantec CCK-6012 solid copper 1U cpu cooler.

TIP:with the stock heatsink still installed take a sharpe marker and poke going through the back of the card where the four holes are around the GPU. Next remove the stock HS/FAN and drill out those four holes. Next set and clamp the sock HS/FAN on top of your new heatsink and drill the four holes. You should now have a perfect fitting socket A cooler the bolts on and is safer and allows better contact than gluing it on.

for cpu I use the slk-800 and 92mm 119cfm fan(12v, 7v, and 5v switch for speed settings)

the rest of my components are is spec:
abit kx7-333r rev. 1.1
corsair pc3200c2 xms rev. 2.1
2600+ aiugb-9 0244 (unlocked)
Pny ti4600
antec truepower 550w PSU

The final 3dmark score came from 3 full runs to recive the final score with the setting and tweaks used below:
*ti4600 bios flashed with reference bios 4.25.00.28
*Download Reference Bios Here!!!
*202mhz fsb(ram timings 2,2,2,5,1,,4way,4q,enhanced-cpu decode"fast",vdimm 3.24v,I/O 3.75v,vcore 1.825v)
*CPU 11.5x202=2321mhz
*ti4600 363/791
*used the 40.52's with 4.43's via 4 in 1's
*win98se
*dx8.1a
*16bit desktop color
*wpcredit tweaks(register"6A" and "93" both to "FF")
*rivatuner LOD set to +3.1 all tests don't change
*use powerstrip for overclocking(disable floating point percision)
*all tests run strait through no stoping I find you get a better score doing it this way..

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=5060603

any question feel free to ask.. also hello Im qwerty57 for those that don't know me

first you want good cooling on the ti4600's core such as a socket a cooler with an copper insert or solid copper with a good cfm fan on top. next forget ram sinks no ran sink you do not need ram sinks for this!!

first: the gpu controller chip (sc1102cs) pin 11 of the chip to the resistor to ground. you want to use a 560 ohm resistor this will give you about 1.96v up from (1.66v defualt) and should give you a minimum of 350 core stable.

second: the memory controller chip (sc1175cs) pin 18 of the chip to the resistor and ground. here you want to us ea 1k resistor and you should increase you memory voltage from (2.83v defualt) to about 2.94v and a minimum or 800mhz artifact free and stable all the memory requires is good case ventilation and or a fan blowing accross the ram chips...

with these same mods ive took over 8 ti4600's over 357/795 and all still work to this day... If anyone wants to see any results I have a compare im my sig below... any question feel free to ask me [smile]

LINKS for graphic's card mod's with pic's!!!!!
raddy 9700
geforce4 ti4200
geforce4 mx440
geforce4 ti4600
geforce4 ti4400
raddy 8500
geforce3 ti's

LINK's to abit kx7-333r voltage mod's
KX7-333R / AT-7 / KR7A / KG7 Guide to Voltage Modifications

Last edited:
Is there any advantage to flashing the BIOS on the Ti4600?

my 3dmark score and overall overclockability went up about 100/150 3dmarks and 5mhz gpu and 15mhz on the memory from using the stock msi/pny bios version 4.25.00.27.23..

one downfall almost all the reference bios disable your tv-out cabibilitys but if you never use it then its fine. also you can back up your original and reflash back anytime you want to use tv-out. never flash any bios but your manuf. or a reference nvidia bios..

Can you help me with the flash procedure. I downloaded the latest BIOS from Gainward and it came with 4 files. One of them is flash.bat and has the command line "nvflash -f 46v9b700.rom -u", but when I try to run it, it says, "PCI BIOS not present". I tried running it from a Command Prompt and from Safe mode Command Prompt. Any ideas? Gainward had no instructions, do I have to boot from a floppy to run it?

ok boot to dos using a floppy and type
NVFLASH -F ****.ROM

do you get the error pci device ID missmatch

qwerty57 said:
Next had a slk-600(socket A Heatsink) machined and cut in half so it only takes up two pci slots(with fan) and had 4 bolts fitted in to the hs base to hold the 600 on with(M3 bolts0 using the 4 holes around the GPU.. for a fan i use a 60mm 34cfm delta..
I'm wanting to do the same thing but am having a terrible time finding the appropriate sized bolts. What is an M3 bolt 0? I'm assuming that's a metric #3 bolt, is that correct? I have found plenty of #4 bolts but they are just a bit too big. If you know where the #3's can be obtained, please let me know!

Anyone know of somewhere I can get my card volt-modded. I just don't have the skills to do it, myself. I killed my Radeon 8500, trying to do a volt mod, so I know my limits:)

if you live in the us and know of radioshack then go there and by all the crimp connecttors and stuff you'll see the small bolt's you need .

Anyone know of somewhere I can get my card volt-modded. I just don't have the skills to do it, myself. I killed my Radeon 8500, trying to do a volt mod, so I know my limits

if you live in south florida I could do it while I lend you one of mine :)

qwerty57 said:

never flash any bios but your manuf. or a reference nvidia bios..
a good rule to follw but ive got a msi bios in my visiontek with no problem. same board layout of course

nice post! i did the volt mod to my 4200 last week. some of the sites show too many wires. only five are needed. use one ground for everything.

Actually, I live in TN, so I would ned to find someone in the TN, KY, AL area. I would consider mailing it off, but only to an extremely reputable operation. Can't be too careful with a $200 video card:)

BTW, after flashing to newest BIOS and changing drivers from 41.03's to the 40.72's, my 3DMark score jumped 900 points to 10,911, not bad for a dually.

before URL http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4954167

after URL http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=5082244

Last edited:
qwerty57 said:
here ya go they are round head machine screws 2-56 bolt's and the 2-56 nut's of course :) they fit with a little room to move around perfect fit..
Man, that is so ironic! I used to work at RS and I never even thought to look there! I may need something longer than 3/4" though. I've got a HSF and Peltier/coldplate combo I'm planning. Still, it might be long enough...

bump id like to see this in sticky format. ive got a question though. what does this do?
"wpcredit tweaks(register"6A" and "93" both to "FF")"
never seen that and it sounds like fun

"wpcredit tweaks(register"6A" and "93" both to "FF

6a refreshes your memory faster and 93 is some probe cpu decode thing.. both gain you about 30/30 on sandra's memory bench and at high fsb speeds up too 200 points on 3dmark.

Back