• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time to upgrade DFI NF4 Ultra D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

olddfibuild

Registered
My video card has appeared to have given up the ghost (7800 gt). I am running an opteron 165 @ 2.2 with dual channel 512mb ram. I am thinking of maxing out the ram with this in all 4 slots:

2x1gb OCZ link

I was also considering finally doing the sli mod and buying 2 video cards:

9800 GT link

I have read that some people cannot get all 4 slots of ram to work on this board....anyone running these sticks or know if they should work? Also, Is the PCI-E 2.0 compatible with an older board? Do I still need to do the SLI mod, even tho the cards bridge together? Are these cards too big?

I guess the other option is to just get one set of ram and one card. I am open to any and all suggesttions for compatibility.

As a foot note, my opty is one of the first, so I think I will not get much more out of it without better cooling.

Last edited:
the ram slot thing wasnt the fact that the ramslots wont work it was strange because some ram would work in the yellow slots on not the orange or the other way arround.
i had some geil golden dragon that would work in the yellow but not the orange but then i got some hyper x as a gift and it would only work in the orange.
and of course they wouldnt work together, the gail was strict about its ram timings and it was lower than what the hyper x would allow.

so get 1 set and test out all 4 slots before you get the other set.
mine was a very early revision aswell and that might have had something to do with it

Back