• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tired of 1920 x 1200 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
2560x1600 would probably be the best you could get around that size. The market for extremely high res screens is low right now because we don't have the GPU power openly available to drive that many pixels... yet.
We sure do. Depending on the game you play the 5850 and GTX 470 and above can run just about anything at that res. You can run no AA on that res and get away with it too seeing as how the jaggies are much smaller natively.

Pixel pitch is really where it's at. I'd pay more for a smaller screen with more res to be truthful, but hey... I ended up with the best deal money can buy.

Dual 24" S-PVA panels that do 1920x1200 for only 360$. 2. For 360$. ;)

THats a good price for S-PVA, 180$ a pop :D

HAH no, I'm getting tired of my 1680x1050 20" viewsonic. I'd love to have a 28" that res.

:argue:

Increasing area while maintaining pixel quantity results in a reduction of quality. Unless you meant the 1920x1200 that you quoted. Misuse of pronouns can cause confusion :)

ahhhhh,, finnaly got to where you can do any game , with full AA and AF, with everything on "highest", and make Crysis Cry , and now you need 4 times the resolution to drop the FPS back down again.

how about a 6400 res video wall? is only 30-100k

what about the new 3D tvs?

the new TVs are still only 1920x1080 and with their size the pixels are huge if you are sitting up close.

I've had my 24" for years. Love it, only thing I'd change is probably getting a new monitor that has a faster referesh rate though I don't notice it at least on my computer currently.

1920x1200 is the sweet spot. Video cards can drive it nicely with almost all games maxed out no issues, even if they are older cards. Though stepping up to a larger screen you will have to compermise on settings in games, expecially newer ones if you want to keep it at the proper res.

Best bet if you want larger, get 2x 1920x1200's and put them side by side. That will increase the res :)

Back