• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

.tk addresses

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Keep

Registered
This is a very odd problem but very annoying one i have been experiencing. I cannot visit any websites that have a .tk address. They just wont even begin to load and i get a "site cannot be found" error every time, even though i know the sites do exist and are up. Ive tried everything i can think of to no avail. Using firefox and IE, lowest security settings, accept all cookies, reformatting, using server 2003 or windows xp. I just cant get them to work. Is there some basic setting i am missing here? Because i need to visit tk sites from time to time and i just cant do it. All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

check your hosts file for entries that would have 127.0.0.1 something.tk If you have entries as such, it means you are trying to connect to your localhost and possibly have a virus that wrote to your hosts file. I was able to go to http://www.tcl.tk/ just fine.

hosts file in XP is located in \windows\system32\etc\drivers
hosts file in 2K is located in \winnt\system32\etc\drivers

The file can be opened in notepad. If you find entries other than ,,,,,
127.0.0.1 localhost such as I said above you can delete those, but do not delete the 127.0.0.1 localhost entry.

Yes, that site works for me. No clue as to why but it works. The host file only lists the "127.0.0.1 localhost" as an entry. Its definately not a virus tho, as im on a fresh install and same problems as before. Other sites i try still dont work however.

Back