• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TMPIN2 Overheat

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woodk1d

Hello Guys!
So i'm already like six months with this problem.
My TMPIN2 is ovearheating while playing, and even while my PC is idle,
the problem is that its really affecting on my FPS performance, im really annoyed by that, im playing competitively and sometimes I cant do stuff because of my poor performances because of the TMPIN2 Overheat.
When im playing like 5 minutes in the game, the TMPIN Temp is on like 90, and it seems like my performance are good, but after 5 minutes of playing its going up to 100 and than my FPS staring to be ****
Untitled.jpg

PC is just 1 year and couple of months old
3 months ago i bought a CPU Fan called DEEP COOL - GAMA BLADE, no affect.
my case is Thermaltake WingRS101
and my Motherboard is Gigabyte MA78LMT-S2.
I really need your help, im clueless as **** about things like these, i just want good performance, was so sick playing with 250FPS constantly
and btw the game is CoD4, i really dont care about other games, just these and quake live, even quake live im having 80FPS.
please help me out.(and im really sorry for my bad english, hope its understandable atleast)

Welcome...

:welcome: Come on in and roll up your sleeves there is some work to do to beat back heat.

Might as well start at the start so we know where things are from miles away that is why making an informative Signature is so important to the end results. And the Signature follows on down with each of your posts so we are not scrolling around trying to remember what we are dealing with for parts and pieces.

attachment.php

I can't see where I can edit my signature
but here are my PC parts:
GTX460 DirectCU TOP 768MB GDDR5 DX11
Phenom II x4 Quad Core 955 Socket AM3 3.2Ghz Box
1x4GB Kingston
500GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA II HD502HJ
V4 Black Edition Middle Tower Series Black Case
MA78LMT-S2 AM2+, AM3, 760G, DDR3 1333, VGA ATI HD3000, DVI, HDAudio
CX 500W Active PFC 12cm Fan
edit:eek:h thank you, will do that

I can't see where I can edit my signature
but here are my PC parts:
GTX460 DirectCU TOP 768MB GDDR5 DX11
Phenom II x4 Quad Core 955 Socket AM3 3.2Ghz Box
1x4GB Kingston
500GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA II HD502HJ
V4 Black Edition Middle Tower Series Black Case
MA78LMT-S2 AM2+, AM3, 760G, DDR3 1333, VGA ATI HD3000, DVI, HDAudio
CX 500W Active PFC 12cm Fan
edit:eek:h thank you, will do that

You can't create a Sig until after you have made two posts. Then within 1 hr. of your second post you will have access to that tool. Please try again.

ok here it goes :D:D
but i didnt rename whats kind of parts are these tho

Wow. Under 80 for core temps? That's not right. Don't Phenoms shut down at those temps?

I am going to say it's the cooler.

In post #1 you say you have the Thermaltake WingRS101 but in post #2 you say you have the Thermaltake V4. Which are you actually using? That first case would not seem to have good ventilation. It has a front fan mount and a rear but comes from the factory with only the rear fan. Good case ventilation is critical to good temps.

The cooler you are using gets a very poor rating here: http://pcworld.co.nz/pcworld/pcw.nsf/reviews/review-deepcool-gamma-blade

You might also redo the thermal paste and redo the mount of the cooler. Seems like it may not be making good contact. Not only is TMPIN2 very high in your picture but so is the core temp at 78c. We know from experience that when core temps begin to exceed about 55c, instability typically sets in. How hot is the room the PC is in? High ambient temps can contribute to high core temps. Is the PC in a confined space where it does not have good access to fresh, cool air?

if he is running stock clocks he can reduce the vcore voltage till he gets a new cooler.

if he is running stock clocks he can reduce the vcore voltage till he gets a new cooler.

yea, someone told me that I can do "UnderClock" and it might help, UnderClock is what you mean?, if yes are there any tutorials? or just guide me here in the comments p:

dolks guide to the phenom in the stickys, it still helps me.
your motherboard manual will guide you to the settings in bios, go to the asus site and download the manual, it's better than the paper one you got in the box.

btw, answer trents about your cooler

Last edited:
I may be wrong but I thought TMPIN2 on that board is North Bridge temp.
Blow a fan on it and see if it comes down.
I have that board in a newer revision and Gigabyte has lowered the CPU power rating to 95, apparently they have had issues with 125 watt CPU's.

After thinking about it, I am fairly sure that TMPIN1 dropped in temp when I added a Hyper 212 cooler, so I suspect TMPIN1 is the socket temp.

Last edited:
Back