• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To those who ordered TwinMOS/WinBond 256MB from MemoryX recently:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Twinmos

ordered 2 sticks yesterday 4 my NEW 8RDA+ and got a call from then 2day saying they r out of the Twinmos/Winbond but do have the Twinmos/Twinmos and that these r just remarked Winbond chips.
The Twinmos/Winbond ones will b in on Monday 4 shippment.

This: :D :D

PC3200 DDR SDRAM 184 Pin DIMM
256mb DDR TwinMos GN256PC3200 $52
512mb DDR TwinMos GN512PC3200 $105

is from the latest emailed pricelist from MemoryX. This is probably for quantity orders, but an exceptional price regardless of whether the chip is the WinBond --5BH or the TwinMos.

could I get a copy of that email? I just ordered some at 76 a piece and it hasn't shipped yet. maybe I can get them to price match or cancel and reorder.

it's been weeks and finally the RMA got through.

if you forgot already, i ordered 3 of the $76 twinmos supposed winbond chips 256mb pc3200 ram... only to receive sticks with twinmos TMD7608F8E50B chips on them. after a lot of waiting and e-mails, they've offered to refund $20 for each stick (so total $60), or to send me 3 more with winbond for sure and then i send them the twinmos back.

has there been any news on how well these twinmos chips are doing? if they can make at least 200FSB at max 2-2-5-2 timings, i might as well keep the twinmos, get some money back and not run the risk of being charged for customs again.

They advertise that the twinmos are winbond. I even verified that with an email. Are you saying the chips I will be getting today may not have winbond chips. How will I know.

FWIW: I tooka chance and ordered two sticks of the TwinMOS with TwinMOS chips Tuesday. They arrived yesterday and had the same markings being discussed here: TMD7608F8E50B. They are single sided DIMMs as well.

I do not have access to a mobo that will do 200MHz, but I could run them fine up to 185MHz @ 2-2-5-2 on a KR7A-RAID mobo with an XP1600+.

Personally, I think these chips are the just as good as the true Winbond. They are probably just relabeled. Memoryx is just down to road from TwinMOS USA so I have to think that if they say they are remarked Winbond, then they are. If not, call them on the misadvertising and get replacements or the credit for the price difference. But do check how high they will go.

el_jer: i'm afraid you won't know till they arrive.
however, since then they've made a distinction on their website for ones with TwinMOS chips and ones with winbond.. the twinmos are $20 cheaper. I suppose that's why they're offering me the $60 credit.

i would love to test these sticks.. but right now i only have a crappy KT400 mobo, an MSI KT4V-L. I have 2 of them running now at 182MHz, max timings, and they're fine, but any higher i have trouble booting. Already, right now, i have to try a couple of times to get the computer to boot past the IDE hard disk detection. for some reason, once i get past that, it passes all tests - days and days of prime95, 3dmark, regular usage, no crashes. but it's rather inconvenient to have to press the power button 10 times everytime i need a succcessful reboot..

OK, I just put the 3rd stick of 256MB TwinMOS in. It would NOT run 182 or 181 stable at max settings. I have it lowered back down to 175MHz, and it's going fine so far. Is this the mobo unable to handle high clocks with 3 sticks, or is it the RAM starting to reach the limit? Hrmm... damn kt400 and the lack of 1/6 divider...

Back