• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tom's Hardware Guide CPU Charts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
RoadWarrior said:
Wierd the tbred XP2800 results are with DDR266. Tryna fudge them or something?

Actually, most of those results tell me it's not worth getting a cheap A64 class setup if you're running AXP or barton in the region of 2.2-2.6G You have to go high end to see much improvement.

Yeah for the most part I agree. At least for gaming, CPU speed really doesn't affect performance a great deal, especially at the high resolutions and quality settings, which I think most of us here probably play at. If anything, it's the video card where you ought to be spending money if gaming is the main concern. The whole cpu thing for gaming is pretty overrated. The whole reason that they use lower resolutions to compare difference CPUs in terms of gaming performance is because there isn't much of a difference when they increase the resolution and quality settings. I guess if you play without AA/AF and not too high resolution, the CPU should be more of a consideration.

Now its a nice and usefull The Mother of All CPU Charts 2005/2006. Before that update it was not.
Tnx TH :)

Back