• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-62 VS 5600+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kuroimaho

The 5600+ is basically a newer FX62 running on lower voltage with locked multiplier.
FX62 is F2 stepping while the 5600 is F3.

Comparison of the two cpu. LINK

Bit odd that it states the FX is singlecore but anyway what made me curious besides the unlocked multi what is not useful at all considering 14 is already more than what we need what's the difference ?

Because the FX beats the 5600 in every bench and in rare occasion even the 6000 most likely due to the lower memory speed of the stock 6000. LINK

So I wonder what gives the FX the edge ?

Hmmm, good question. The FX is one of those chips that stayed in the AMD ring longer than any chip I know of besides the Optys.

Back when the FX came out, it was considered one of the best chips ever, besides the Tbreds and Bartons.

Could be the memory controller.

I was wondering the same thing and I found this here
I still don't know what the big difference is though...

AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 dual-core processor only :

Full-throttle 64-bit and dual-core technologies for amazing gaming and digital media capabilities
True dual-core design for increased performance when multi-tasking
Takes advantage of multi-threaded PC software
Integrated memory controller to reduce memory access latencies
Runs today's 32- and 64-bit software with leading-edge performance

juane414 said:
I
AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 dual-core processor only :

Full-throttle 64-bit and dual-core technologies for amazing gaming and digital media capabilities
True dual-core design for increased performance when multi-tasking
Takes advantage of multi-threaded PC software
Integrated memory controller to reduce memory access latencies
Runs today's 32- and 64-bit software with leading-edge performance

Okay but most of those stand for the X2 as well.

Full throttle... what does it REALLY mean ? Besides that it states again the 64 bit and dual core capabilities ?
True dual-core, check
Multi thread, check and I guess fits into DC.
IMC, check
32-64 bit, check.

It must be something If it beats the X2 in every possible bench.

Hopefully full throttle is just a buzzword in marketing and not to mean that the X2s are throttled back. They both also mention advanced cache :?

Back